Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a laser for my newest pistol, the only one that has a weapons rail.

I've seen them from $10 on up on ebay.

Are any of the cheap Chinese made ones any good, or do I have to spend $100+?

Are they all limited to 5mw or can you get a really bright one for cheap?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,532 Posts
Weak

The imperial federal government to promote it's nanny state, has required that citizens shall not be allowed to have lasers above 5 mW. Because anything more powerful is an unacceptable risk of damage to eyes.

Never mind that the federal government will let you put that 5 mW laser on the end of an AK-47, and we all know that AK bullets will also cause damage to your eye. (Being hard pointy things that fly.)

I have three laser units for firearms, and none of them cost more than $60.

One of them gives me trouble; I think the contacts are corroding in it or something is bad about the electronic circuitry. It's 15 years old, however.

As for the $20 models, I think I would only use those on air guns and .22 rimfires.

·
American
3,289 Posts
The imperial federal government to promote it's nanny state, has required that citizens shall not be allowed to have lasers above 5 mW. Because anything more powerful is an unacceptable risk of damage to eyes.

Never mind that the federal government will let you put that 5 mW laser on the end of an AK-47, and we all know that AK bullets will also cause damage to your eye. (Being hard pointy things that fly.)

I have three laser units for firearms, and none of them cost more than $60.

One of them gives me trouble; I think the contacts are corroding in it or something is bad about the electronic circuitry. It's 15 years old, however.

As for the $20 models, I think I would only use those on air guns and .22 rimfires.
The $20 models work just fine on my 22LR but I would not trust it on anything more powerful. I have one that cost $45 that I can put on the rails of my 9, 40, and 45. No problems with it so far. Not a laser guy though but it can be fun, particularly when I take a new shooter to the range.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the model of the $45 sight?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,532 Posts
I've used AimShot:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3...-slide-switch-and-6-pressure-pad-switch-matte

$59 for this model.

P.S. when I was shopping for laser weapon sights 10 even 20 years ago, they did not have any green ones. I have since seen green ones at the shooting range, and I've seen green laser pointers.
They really are easier to see. I would look at getting a green one if it is practical, as long as you don't mind the loss of function in extremely cold weather .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts