Laser Engraving available at Patricks

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by mathar1, Nov 4, 2010.

1. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

We have installed a new laser engraver as well as mechanical engraver capable of etching even Glock tough Tenifer. Between the two we are capable of engraving/etching anything that will fit. I did the slide on my Glock as a test and I will post pics when i get off work tonight. This is bad a$$! :righton:

2. jameswh0

jameswh0 New Member

SBR permit

I'm getting ready to receive my SBR permit on my Sig 556. I need to have my name and Atlanta GA etched on the lower receiver. Is this something you can help me with?

3. PT140Dad

PT140Dad New Member

Hmmm, I know it's a stretch, but any idea of price range? I'd love some scroll work on the slide of my SS 1911. Nothing in particular, just old western style scrolling.

Anyone know of a local place to get my 1911 case hardened?

4. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

Case hardening I do not know but our prices for engraving start around $50 depending on how much and how intricate.

5. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

Tag - had no idea you guys could do that. I think I have a slide I want engraved with some words in the near future.

What is general turn around time (not counting shipping of course). A day to run the etching? Wait list? etc etc

6. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

About a day to program and run. The caveat to this is that if you do not send it in an EPS file (not Jpeg...not enough detail) we have to convert it to EPS and that can take some time depending on what our programmer is doing.

The finished product always looks better done on Duracoat or Ceracoat rather than the plain parkerized finish. ;)

7. TITAN308

Yea you know I got the finish covered. I usually fill in engravings with crayon to make them pop (don't laugh, I have a set of black crayons just for this).

Will a vectored file work OK?

8. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

So whatever happened to the pictures?

9. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

I got caught up and forgot all about this. Let me see if I can dig some up.

10. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

11. TITAN308

Once I finish up my current project and it is done curing I've got a 1911 slide I want you guys to work on. :mrgreen:

12. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

OK..here is the Mossberg Dragon I was talking about...we have been so busy I haven't been able to get at the computer files of all of our work. The hole in the back let's the tail end continue on the other side. I will get more tomorrow I promise but this one was cool. (And I am not big on oriental style artwork)

Attached Files:

13. bchboy1206

bchboy1206 New Member

Nice Work!!! My mind is coming up with many ideas!!!