Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple of days now, when I type into this forum, it lags, that is, the letters show up a split second after I post them.

Anybody else?

It takes a little while of fast typing. For instance, the problem did not show up this time until the word "show" in the first sentence.

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
You've never experienced this before? This happens on a regular basis, for me anyway. Normally when I have multiple tabs open and especially if another website is a resource hog with long running scripts.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,391 Posts
It happens to me on occasion but not routinely. I can think of only one difference. AdBlock and Ghostery.

Nemo

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I had noticed issues like that before but not since running Ghostery. The lag your experience may be the delay in loading banner or other ads at the top of the page. This is typical of many sites where the ads are served up by a 3rd party that has tons of traffic to deal with and the rest of the page where the banner ad is going gets held up waiting on the ad content.

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
Have you cleared cookies and cache yet? If not please try that and let me know if it's still an issue.
Automatically when I close the browser. Like I said above, if I have multiple tabs open I'll get the lagging. Once I close the other tabs things go back to normal here.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,391 Posts
if I have multiple tabs open I'll get the lagging. Once I close the other tabs things go back to normal here.
Is you processor or bandwidth feed capable of handling the incoming data stream?

Nemo

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
Is you processor or bandwidth feed capable of handling the incoming data stream?

Nemo
Yes. I normally run with several tabs open without issues. Occasionally I'll go to a site, for some specific reason, that's overwhelmed with ads and/or long running scripts. These sites aren't on my daily reading list.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
That sounds like an issue with your cpu.

Is anyone else having this lagging issue?
Or ram. Once you exceed installed ram, Windows starts paging to disk.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts