Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much is written these days about the Federal budget, the deficit, and the dangers posed by future increases in Medicare, Social Security, and Interest on Debt. For example, from the CBO: http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=11579

"The Blaze" did an article today graphically illustrating the Presidents likely proposed budget cuts as a portion of the budget, and it is indeed laughable:
SHOCK GRAPHICS SHOW SEVERITY OF PROPOSED OBAMA BUDGET CUTS

However, I took the liberty of drawing a similar graph, except mine uses the $35 Billion in cuts being proposed by the Republicans in the House. Guess what? It is at least visible in the chart, but is still laughable as a component of expected deficit and cannot be realistically considered as a means to managing the future budget.

What is it going to take for our country to deal with the financial predicament we find ourselves in? Is the issue that Congress pays too much attention to special interests and short election cycles, or is the issue that the majority of Americans don't agree that there is the need to reform our budget now?

How to we secure our financial future? Or, am I wrong, and is our current path sustainable?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts