Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$1,000
Truly bargain priced compared to Gunbroker.com prices. Am forced to consolidate my household as I'm moving into assisted living soon.

Century International Arms .308 Sportster
It's a "Franken-FAL" combining the best Metric and Imperial parts that I could find
1. IMBEL receiver (the preferred one) with metric magazine cuts (more available than Inch magazines.)
2. L1A1 thumb release magazine which encourages magazine retention over the finger release found in the FAL.
3. Bolt Hold Open which means you won't often need the folding operating handle
4. Canadian C1A1 disk sight
5. Canadian top cover which accepts stripper clips (Why? Who knows, but it looks damn cool).
6. Standard black fiber reinforced furniture.
7 Twenty-Two metric magazines in dual pouches that are web gear compatible. Normally found at about $20 per mag.
8 1 ea. SLR bayonet (because you never know when you might want to do a driver-by bayonetting).

Representative pic because my photography skills are those of a spastic sea sponge:

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,056 Posts
Dayum, another reason I should have re-established residency in Ga last week. Could have been back here for Lobby Day too.

Nemo

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, I wish I'd seen this sooner! I just bought a post ban that I'll have to convert.
The 22 magazines that come with it are almost enough by themselves to go into a slight debt for.

Reactions: Phil1979

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
Falls, I hate that you have to sell your rifles. Will they let you have any firearms in the assisted living facility? Hope your health can get better soon.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Falls, I hate that you have to sell your rifles. Will they let you have any firearms in the assisted living facility? Hope your health can get better soon.
Gonna be hard to sneak in a rifle, but a smallish pistol in my "Bible Bag" is pretty sure not to be noticed. I've been working on that cover story for many years.

Sadly, I don't expect to get better, but what's a little heart disease among friends, right?

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,056 Posts
Sadly, I don't expect to get better, but what's a little heart disease among friends, right?
Maybe we should start a --how many stents ya got-- bragging night. I got 2.

Nemo

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Sorry to hear of your health issues. I will pass along your rifle offer to friends and see if anyone is interested. Seems like a terrific deal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If only I was in GA. sigh

And on the eve of Biden's New 'Guidelines' too.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this still available - I'm located Fitzgerald/GA.
Sorry, the FrankenFAL has been adopted and gone to a new, loving home.

Reactions: Savannah Dan
1 - 13 of 13 Posts