Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
41 - 60 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
15,230 Posts
His defense keeps getting stronger by the shootee talking.

https://summit.news/category/riots/

Nemo
"I will not take one thin dime from #FightBack Foundation donations for my time or expenses. I have security team of Navy SEALS to provide security for me, my family, my employees, & my neighbors. I will pay those costs. I will not be intimidated by leftist tactics or threats," Wood tweeted earlier today.
I wonder if the attorney has already received threats or if he's making a proactive statement for the "peaceful protesters?"

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Sounds like according to the probable cause complaint that the prosecutor got a call from on high to charge this kid and the prosecutor said ... oooook. The way it is written it's basically the prosecutor saying we don't want to charge him but our hands are tied.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Wisconsin Statutes 948.60(2)(a):
Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
[Dangerous weapon is defined to include firearms]

But, Wisconsin Statutes 948.60(2)(c):
This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593.
[941.28 is possession of a SBR or SBS, and 29.304 and 29.593 are hunting regulations -- i.e., not applicable if you're not hunting]

It's somewhat awkwardly worded, but the distilled meaning is, "It's a crime for under 18 to possess a firearm, unless the firearm is a rifle or shotgun except if the rifle or shotgun is an SBR or SBS."
Because he's 17.
What do you think?

·
Registered
15,230 Posts

·
Custom User Title
2,095 Posts
John Pierce, an attorney representing Kyle Rittenhouse:

Pierce addressed a possible plea deal: "We're going to trial. We're going to win this case. If I'm the prosecutor, I drop these charges immediately. I think that this is a rush of judgment, and if I was the prosecutor, I would be terrified to take this case to trial. I do not believe that there's a jury in this country that's going to look at these facts and is going to find him guilty for murder."
"It's absolute 100 percent self-defense, and we're going to prove it if we have to," concluded Pierce. "It was legal for him to possess that weapon in Wisconsin."

Source: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...e-in-wisconsin/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Word is that the DA was ordered from "high up" to charge Kyle as hard as he could. Defense is looking to obtain any communications with any other elected officials regarding Kyle to or from the DA. Hopefully the DA sees the way things are going and turns over everything to the defense and the Feds.

·
Premium Member
10,422 Posts
Word is that the DA was ordered from "high up" to charge Kyle as hard as he could. Defense is looking to obtain any communications with any other elected officials regarding Kyle to or from the DA. Hopefully the DA sees the way things are going and turns over everything to the defense and the Feds.
The Sheriff mentioned he got a call from a group asking to be deputized ....I hope that call was recorded.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
16,893 Posts
Wow, lookit that! It/They/Them is back.

Nemo

Reactions: Bkite

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
A Maryland public official (head of some department of diversity!)
just got fired for posting this meme, which celebrated the shooting
of the "thugs" that attacked Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ok-posts-supporting-kenosha-shooting-n1238993

Maybe HE, Mac Love, in this particular role he has in his local government, has crossed the line into objectionable conduct.
His job position is basically to promote BLM and other leftist thinking that is popular in the black community, including Antifa and communism.
But other public officials should retain their First Amendment rights to speak their minds, and express contempt for the violent felons who engage in riot and mayhem in the streets.

41 - 60 of 419 Posts