Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
361 - 380 of 414 Posts

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,264 Posts
My biggest question about the whole trial is...

Isn't the prosecutor obligated to be just as honest and truthful in his statements as everyone else is within the trial? The prosecutor told so many lies directly to the jury he should be jailed for perjury.

Reactions: NTA and TimBob

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The thing about the Rittenhouse case that is lost on the left is this:

There are problems in the court system. The unfairness of the prosecution across a range of aspects are entirely unfair and run past the legal and constitutional bounds of our system's limit.

In the Rittenhouse case, there's clear ability to defend himself with a lot of money. This was due to donations. These will hopefully surmount the unfair stacking of the court.

It's easily argued that issues in the courts in the inner city that folks thow against the wall as 'racist' are just the same unfairness that we're seeing in this trial.

There's a lost opportunity for the left who might be reasonably arguing for more fair legal process to actually point to this case and get some real justice reform that pays attention to the rights of the accused while still carrying the interest of proper and right justice (vs retribution).

·
Senior Mumbler
6,649 Posts
Isn't the prosecutor obligated to be just as honest and truthful in his statements as everyone else is within the trial? The prosecutor told so many lies directly to the jury he should be jailed for perjury.
While lawyers are suppose to fight for their clients, the DA is suppose to fight for truth and the law. With some of the big cases over the last couple decades, that fact seems to have been lost.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
The thing about the Rittenhouse case that is lost on the left is this:

There are problems in the court system. The unfairness of the prosecution across a range of aspects are entirely unfair and run past the legal and constitutional bounds of our system's limit.

In the Rittenhouse case, there's clear ability to defend himself with a lot of money. This was due to donations. These will hopefully surmount the unfair stacking of the court.

It's easily argued that issues in the courts in the inner city that folks thow against the wall as 'racist' are just the same unfairness that we're seeing in this trial.

There's a lost opportunity for the left who might be reasonably arguing for more fair legal process to actually point to this case and get some real justice reform that pays attention to the rights of the accused while still carrying the interest of proper and right justice (vs retribution).
Certainly not a broader fix but if granted it certainly bolsters your statements.

If the DA takes this one on the teeth, this will either support the initial protests or involve some very complex gyrations to come up with “Miscarriage of justice but not THAT miscarriage of justice!”

·
Premium Member
9,842 Posts

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Here is an op-ed by a so called "I had shotguns and hunted my whole life" expert on how he thinks Kyle was just a foolish little boy

He gives some fairly profound and wise advice ..."He should have stayed home"

Well, shouldn't the rioters and looters also stayed home?
Man. That’s a very insulated perspective. I’ve got a neighbor that shot a prowler with a rifle when she was 14 and home alone. I don’t think she went looking for trouble anymore than Rittenhouse did. He said so on the stand. There are times you’ve done nothing wrong and trouble still comes knocking. Sometimes trouble wants to make a quick buck and other times trouble wants to “f**n kill you” or “empty the entire mag” in trouble’s own words…

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
In this week’s edition of sideshow justice…

Just before noon, police announced the apprehension of a man who allegedly followed the jurors on a bus in an attempt to photograph them on Wednesday evening. The man allegedly claimed to be a producer with MSNBC.

Judge Bruce Schroeder responded by barring MSNBC from the courthouse for the remainder of the trial.
Anthony Chacon, 20, was booked on charges of felony bail jumping, misdemeanour bail jumping, battery, resisting and disorderly conduct, a Kenosha Police spokesperson confirmed to Fox News.
Mr Chacon was reportedly seen “body-slamming” a reporter and attacking a supporter of Mr Rittenhouse while wearing a T-shirt which read: “F**k Kyle.” The bail-jumping charges indicate Mr Chacon has a previous criminal record, the details of which are unknown.
I can’t wait to hear how body slamming was provoked. Are we going to have a narrative that the reporter “went looking for trouble” too?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
I'm pretty sure Kyle will be acquitted for shooting the first guy, the **** child molester, who had previously threatened to kill him and was enraged and attacking him (although barehanded.)
It's never a good idea to use a gun against a single person who attacks you with no weapons, but since this guy had made death threats and since he was effectively part of a larger group of communist agitators who were violent and were upset that Kyle was putting out the arson fires that they've started.... I say it will be an acquittal on this count.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
Ok, so we can't call a homosexual paedophile
a H-O-M-O ????

Gee, thanks GaPacking, for signing up to enforce the politically correct speech of the leftists.

Reactions: Schweisshund

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
I think he's in more danger of getting convicted for shooting the other two communists who have claimed (or others have claimed on their behalf) that they were trying to use force to detain what they believed was a murderer escaping the scene of the crime.

361 - 380 of 414 Posts