Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
341 - 360 of 419 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,686 Posts
This is becoming quite the PR disaster for team gun-control.
He admitted to asking someone to buy a gun on his behalf because he wasn't legal to buy it?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
Maybe Biden administration will charge both Kyle and his friend with a federal felony crime for doing a straw purchase of that AR-15 rifle IF, AND ONLY IF, Kyle beats these charges of shooting the communist rioters who tried to kill him.

The Federal crime of lying on a form 4473 is one that could include Kyle as a co-conspirator on this crime. Even if he didn't take possession of the gun right away. (Remember the friend bought it at Kyle's request using Kyle's money....).

That may be the government's "Plan B" to punish Kyle, if Plan A fails.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
16,892 Posts
That is my anticipation also.

Nemo

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,016 Posts
It may or may not make a difference but in the CNN link you may notice the statement is not what you call in quotes. However the actual statement "I thought it looked cool" is in quotes. The actual statement was IIRC is something along the line of...

I will pay for it for you with the understanding you sell it to me after I get my FOID card when I turn 18.

This may not be exactly word for word as I am going by memory of what I actually heard yesterday and I'm old and slept since then. Remember Rittenhouse actually lives in IL and not WI so in order for him to take possession he would have to have the FOID and transfer through an IL FFL.

AAR this was what I got from the testimony. Fine line? Maybe? Maybe not? I think the ATF could make a straw purchase case if they really want to.

I seriously doubt that rifle would even be legal in IL

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think the defense, allowing the prosecution to testify as to what the Jury will see with the above video, especially when they can't even point out Zaminski, will be a very BAD decision for their client.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,016 Posts
Judge dismisses count 6 posession of a dangerous weapon by person under 18.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
At risk of being very dark and morbid, part of me really really really wishes that someone had forgot to properly clear that gun, and it had gone off. Not killing or hurting anyone of course, but maybe a nice new hole in the judge's gavel. I think that would be hilarious.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,711 Posts
"Binger Finger"

Imagine trying the case that has the eyes of the nation on it, the case that could make your name, only to come out of it as "that guy that gave us the phrase 'Binger Finger'".

341 - 360 of 419 Posts