Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
281 - 300 of 419 Posts

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,645 Posts
[Prosecutor] Binger countered that the statute is a “blanket prohibition” that prevents everyone younger than 18 from having a gun.​
“This case is a perfect example of why we don’t want that happening, because two people died,” Binger said. “... The defendant wasn’t hunting deer, turkey, wild game. He didn’t have a certificate to do so. He wasn’t in compliance.”​

He wasn't in compliance due to not having a certificate. Anybody see that in the statute? Why did the judge let this charge go to trial?
I think we all know why the judge let this go to trial:

Political pressure.

·
Registered
9,407 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
16,890 Posts
Rittenhouse trial begins this week. New to me video and interview worth the 4 mins.

Nemo

·
Cross-drawer
7,508 Posts
Two things I noticed watching a few minutes of the trial:

Kyle's attorney sounds like Jesse Ventura.
The self proclaimed internet influencer and witness, Mr. Washington, chooses to live stream in the portrait mode. Didn't influence me much with that.

·
Cross-drawer
7,508 Posts
The prosecution appears to be hanging its hat on a single peg; that there were several armed people there that night, all exposed to the same calamity, but Kyle is the only person who shot anyone.

The defense should have no problem demonstrating that the only person who shot anyone was the only armed person who was physically attacked.

The only worry so far is that the jury may be made up of idiots.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
16,890 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I'm not actively following the trial, but for those that are I have this question:

is it possible that after Rittenhouse legitimately shot the first convicted felon, a mentally ill person who attacked him, but seconds aftrr that, when Kyle left the scene, the people in the crowd who were not firsthand eyewitnesses to the shooting could nonetheless believe that the shooting was a crime and that the rifle-armed killer was in the process of escaping?

Could it be that those other people were attempting to chase Kyle down and detain him or if necessary use force to stop him to keep him from killing again? Was such a belief reasonable in light of all the facts and circumstances (with reasonable and rational inferences drawn from that evidence)?

We know Kyle Rittenhouse was not a murderer, was not a racist right-wing militant, and did not have an evil mind, but did THEY know that?

If other people in the crowd start saying things like "that's the killer, man! He's escaping; get him! Get him !... is it wrong to act on those words said by others? (Some of whom you might reasonably believe were firsthand eye witnesses with knowledge?)

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Nope. [The supposedly fair-minded and conscientious judge made to drop the underage weapon charge against Rittenhouse?]

Wisconsin judge refuses to toss weapons charge against Kyle Rittenhouse

My question--- aside from the moral sway that this added charge brings to the trial and may influence the jury subconsciously--- does it have any legal effect on the use of deadly force in defense of one's self in Wisconsin?

If you are carrying a gun illegally and that is proven beyond any doubt, can you still use that illegally-carried a gun to defend yourself if attacked?

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,228 Posts
Looking forward to a not-guilty verdict on all charges. Then he will be offered book and movie deals, and never have to work again. And believe me, while I'd be happy for him when that happens, I won't be the least bit envious.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,016 Posts
All this does is make me glad it was someone other than myself. Would have been better if the powers that be would have done their job in the first place ad taken down the rioters with all available force at the first sign of rioting.

281 - 300 of 419 Posts