241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Symbols are bad.
No, they're not. They mean something important to those who develop them. They can become "bad" when others appropriate them for unrelated reasons. Or are just stupid, thin skinned people with nothing better to do with their lives than bitch about everything.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
It's one thing to make a *********** 'sign'. Really bad to 'flash' it.
Can you really tell the difference in a still photo?

·
69,149 Posts
Do we even know that Rittenhouse is aware of any racial philosophies held by the men in the photograph or the significance of these hand gestures to some? He's a teenager who wanted to be a cop and probably has not been exposed to this stuff yet.

And "Proud Boys" - while I have obviously heard of them, are they a white supremacist group? What color is their leader, the guy who has been outed as a long time government informant? He does not look white to me. I have a hard time believing a bunch of white supremacists would be following him, although I admit my knowledge of the group is superficial at best.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,795 Posts
Ask any true for the people democrat. He is just a figurehead so the evil white racist supremacist take over the world group of criminals can hide behind him in an attempt to try to fool everyone and put up a smokescreen to show they are not who every intelligent conforming to the group think idea true liberal knows they are.

Nemo

·
69,149 Posts
UPDATE: or not . . . sent them an email. I guess Shopify underlies their actual web site. That sucks.

·
69,149 Posts
Wow. The prosecutors are playing games. So there is written evidence that the prosecution has known he did not live at his home address since November, and they refused to let the defense provide his actual address under seal for Rittenhouse's safety. The kid is an obvious target for lefty loonies, and he cannot possess a firearm while on bond. It's like the prosecution wants to inflict extra-judicial punishment.

·
69,149 Posts
UPDATE: or not . . . sent them an email. I guess Shopify underlies their actual web site. That sucks.
Hi Ed,

We don't have that one anymore... and they would completely shut down our site if we did. So we did this instead:​

The replacement shirt says "Censored" and has the image blurred out.

Not quite the same.

It seems wrong that Shopify gets away with this.

·
69,149 Posts
Judge declines to issue new arrest warrant or increase bail

The judge refused to give [Assistant District Attorney] Binger the address, saying he didn't want more violence in Kenosha. The move - and the comment - left Binger flabbergasted.

"I hope you're not suggesting sharing this with our office would lead to further violence," Binger said. "We are not the public. We are the prosecuting agency. I have never heard of a situation where the information has been withheld from my office."

Schroeder said the sheriff could handle any further bail violations. Binger countered that Rittenhouse doesn't live in Kenosha County so the sheriff can't touch him. Schroeder cut Binger off in mid-sentence and ended the hearing.​

https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-arrest-warrant-declined-863d4aa8da8c8c6e284297036dfff212

·
69,149 Posts
The money raised for Rittenhouse became a source of tension among his defense team and family. Those funds were reportedly passed on to #FightBack Foundation, which was started by Lin Wood and John Pierce, the first lawyers to represent Rittenhouse.

Questions about how the GiveSendGo donations, and even greater amounts given directly to #FightBack, were spent eventually led to Wood's withdrawal from Rittenhouse's team, and Pierce's firing by Rittenhouse.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Greenwald then asked, "I wonder what this journalist would say if someone showed up uninvited at his door to ‘get his side of the story,’ and put pictures of the front of his house and posted it on Twitter for all to see?"
Turnabout's fair play and usually far sweeter.

·
69,149 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Fired for a $25 donation. :rolleyes: You might think he used department funds. I wonder how this might have gone down if Lt. Kelly had donated $25 to the [fill in the name of the black martyr du jour] memorial fund? :sneaky:

241 - 260 of 273 Posts