1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AE8EB12B-D0B2-4919-A277-7740D2823A67.jpeg
BE8C1805-46B9-45A4-ADD4-32426C62C368.jpeg

CB516393-77A0-4461-9816-FCC3DDBF0DFE.jpeg

The story about a 17 year old from Illinois who came to Wisconsin (20 mile trip) to "help guard" local businesses during the BLM / AntiFa led protests (riots, looting and arson sprees) and ended up shooting 3 of them, two fatally, and shooting AT a third (but missing him)
...is currently buried in a much longer thread about Kenosha, Wisconsin police shooting an angry and noncompliant black criminal (Jacob Blake) in the back.

Jacob Blake deserves his own thread, and Kyle Rittenhouse deserves HIS OWN THREAD just for his incident, and prosecution, and eventually a trial or court hearing.

QUOTE on Kyle's situation:

"...a Lake County judge allowed Kyle Rittenhouse - the 17-year-old from Antioch [IL] charged with killing two people and wounding another at violent demonstrations in Kenosha [WI] over Blake's shooting - to remain in Illinois for at least another month as his family arranges legal help..."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...0200828-amhv5inz3vgktnxlrpnwrbcw5e-story.html

Reactions: Schweisshund

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
And the battle begins.

Although this thread ought to be tagged onto the end of the other primary one on this subject, so I can keep track of it all.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/us/accused-kenosha-shooters-lawyer-claims-self-defense-amid-new-video

CRIME
Published 4 hours ago
Accused Kenosha shooter's lawyer claims self-defense amid new video
'Kyle did nothing wrong. He exercised his God-given, Constitutional, common law and statutory law right to self-defense,' defense attorney John Pierce said.
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

A 17-year-old charged in two shooting deaths amid a chaotic demonstration in Kenosha, Wis., earlier this week feared for his life after being attacked by rioters who chased and beat him, his attorney said Friday.

In a lengthy statement, the lawyer for Kyle Rittenhouse, John Pierce, said prosecutors rushed to judgment in charging his client to appease "divisive" and "destructive" forces without analyzing Tuesday's events.

"This was not a serious investigation," Pierce said. "Rather, after learning Kyle may have had conservative political viewpoints, they immediately saw him as a convenient target who they could use as a scapegoat to distract from the Jacob Blake shooting and the government's abject failure to ensure basic law and order to citizens."

The shootings were recorded via cellphone and circulated online.

. . .

continued (kinda long)

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's an aspect to Kyle's case that nobody is talking about:

What if the second and third people Kyle shot did not see him shoot the first guy (convicted sex offender Joseph Rosenbaum, shot in forehead, dead),

but merely "heard" from anonymous fellow protesters in the crowd that he just murdered somebody and was fleeing the scene of the crime?

Can armed citizens (i.e. lefty protesters with pistols and skateboards (well known to serve ad deadly weapons in a street brawl) brandish those things to STOP and DETAIN and DISARM a fleeing criminal suspect?

Even if it turns out that Kyle was not a murderer and his running was not to "get away with a crime" but rather to flee an angry mob before he'd be forced to shoot more of them...

would we expect Gaige Grosskreutz (shot in arm, but survived)
or Anthony Huber (shot thru chest, died)
to know that, and thus NOT consider Kyle either a threat to be neutralized or just a fleeing felon to be apprehended with the minimum amount to force needed to make a "citizens arrest" on a man still armed with an assault style rifle?

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
Here is the criminal complaint document file

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7047188-Rittenhouse-2020KN003907-Complaint.html

I cannot copy and paste text from the document but wanted to point out something ...

"Dr. Kelley of the Milwaukee Medical Examiner's Office conducted an autopsy on Joseph Rosenbaum ....." (He was shot 5 times ...groin, back, left hand, left thigh and head).

"McGinnis stated that he stepped back and he thinks the defendant fired 3 rounds in rapid succession. McGinnis said that when the first round went off, he thought it hit the pavement ..........."

"McGinnis stated that the first round went into the ground and when the 2nd shot went off, the defendant actually had the gun aimed at Rosenbaum ...."

3 shots ...one went into the ground. Autopsy reports show Rosenbaum was shot 5 times.

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
This article is comical .....

"gentle nature" "had his skateboard in one hand while trying to grab the rifle with the other"

https://www.jsonline.com/story/comm...est-shooting-what-we-know-victims/5635760002/

Here is his gentle nature ...

https://nationalfile.com/man-who-at...skateboard-convicted-for-domestic-abuse-twice

Here is a picture of his "one hand on his skateboard and the other hand trying to grab the rifle"
no mention of him trying to brain Kyle with the skateboard ...no mention that he was chasing Kyle as Kyle was running towards the police ...

skateboard.jpg

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
Ok, this report says Kyle did not cross State lines while in possession of a firearm and it also indicates that shots were fired before Kyle raised his rifle to shoot Rosenbaum

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ay-shooting-went-clean-vandalism-school-work/

iffy source ....but here is a snippet:

Upon the sound of a gunshot behind him, Kyle turned and was immediately faced with an attacker lunging towards him and reaching for his rifle. He reacted instantaneously and justifiably with his weapon to protect himself, firing and striking the attacker," Pierce explains.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
These were not BLM protesters, they are anarchist Antifa thugs
At least those thugs that were shot are white, Lord help us if they weren't.
I wish we on GP could at least stop calling them protestors. They are simply criminals and care nothing about protesting and lots about being criminals.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
At least those thugs that were shot are white, Lord help us if they weren't.
I disagree. Just as well get that in the wash as well. They want it. It's coming. We don't but it's still coming. Better the Lord help those who are bringing this mess on us. They will need it. A great day to all.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I see Patrick Parsons Boss has stepped in to support Kyle with a defense fund....
I wonder how much of the donations NAGR will siphon off for Dudley's retirement fund

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Here's an aspect to Kyle's case that nobody is talking about:

Can armed citizens (i.e. lefty protesters with pistols and skateboards (well known to serve ad deadly weapons in a street brawl) brandish those things to STOP and DETAIN and DISARM a fleeing criminal suspect?
If this happened in GA I would think it falls along the same lines as the McMichaels case in the Amaud Arbery shooting. If they didn't see the felony take place then they fail the criteria to make a citizen's arrest.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I disagree. Just as well get that in the wash as well. They want it. It's coming. We don't but it's still coming. Better the Lord help those who are bringing this mess on us. They will need it. A great day to all.
We agree OWM, I meant, if those that were shot were black, there would be a stronger push for an assault weapons ban.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
a tweet from a legitimate source:

Lin Wood
@LLinWood

Donations for defense of Kyle Rittenhouse should be made to #FightBack Foundation, Inc., a Texas 501(c)(4) Foundation. Please be wary of any other efforts to raise money for Kyle's defense. Website for #FightBack Foundation will be online within 6-12 hours for donations & info.
4:26 PM · Aug 27, 2020
[URL='https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1299080941634281474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1299080941634281474%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.citizenfreepress.com%2Fbreaking%2Fbreaking-nick-sandmanns-attorney-lin-wood-takes-kyle-rittenhouses-defense-pro-bono%2F]9.2K people are Tweeting about this[/URL]

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Reactions: blind_shake

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Seems good idea to me.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Wow, right click, copy image, click paste here and a pic from twitter worked above. I am surprised.

It took a minute to come over but wow!

Nemo

Reactions: Bkite and gunsmoker
1 - 20 of 273 Posts