Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
So, let me follow this logic. Parents are concerned about their children being molested by the TSA. For some reason it's socially acceptable to molest adults but not children, so the TSA can molest adults.... but shouldn't be able to molest children....

·
Clueless
3,707 Posts
Quest50 said:
So, let me follow this logic. Parents are concerned about their children being molested by the TSA. For some reason it's socially acceptable to molest adults but not children, so the TSA can molest adults.... but shouldn't be able to molest children....
I don't think it is socially acceptable to molest anyone.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I don't think that anyone is saying it's socially acceptable to molest anyone. Just a parental instinct to protect your children, so naturally you'd rather be molested yourself than have your child go through it.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
JeF4y said:
I don't think that anyone is saying it's socially acceptable to molest anyone. Just a parental instinct to protect your children, so naturally you'd rather be molested yourself than have your child go through it.
It depends on who is doing the molesting!! :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I quit flying altogether. I refuse to go through this. I remember coming back from Korea after serving over there for a year. I felt like I was treated like a criminal and was stopped at the gate for a "random" check again. I was pretty hot since I showed them a Military ID originally earlier yet there was some Arabs in traditional dress that certainly were more "suspect" than a Serviceman who strolled right aboard.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would tell them firmly "You will not touch my child, and if you do, I will use whatever means necessary to stop you including force. I will then call the police and have you arrested as a child molester."

The parents are their child's protection, and they need to start acting like it. Stop the abuse!

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,569 Posts
SYN ACK said:
I would tell them firmly "You will not touch my child, and if you do, I will use whatever means necessary to stop you including force. I will then call the police and have you arrested as a child molester."

The parents are their child's protection, and they need to start acting like it. Stop the abuse!
Syn, haven't you got the memo? The Gub'ment owns your children...............

/sarcasm

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
I will never make my daughter fly, ever. If we want to go on a cross country vacation or are forced to move, I WILL DRIVE.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
AV8R said:
Ky. parents: TSA frisked our 6-year-old daughter

AV8R: It's your own fault
Exactly. All these sorry parents do is stand there and video tape their kids being groped, poked, and prodded. They don't make the nightmare stop at all. If it really affected them like they portray it does then a youtube video and blog posting would not be their course of action. They're not actually doing anything proactive to make this nonsense stop.

·
Registered
441 Posts
MesaCranker said:
AV8R said:

Exactly. All these sorry parents do is stand there and video tape their kids being groped, poked, and prodded. They don't make the nightmare stop at all. If it really affected them like they portray it does then a youtube video and blog posting would not be their course of action. They're not actually doing anything proactive to make this nonsense stop.
Which actually makes the nightmare go on and on and on. The video gets play over and over, the kids friends see it, everyone sees it.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I've gone through security in Chattanooga, Atlanta, Toronto, and Dallas recently and so far no one has offered to lay a hand on me. I have had them do a double-take at my CPAP machine in my carry-on, but that's all. Sometimes it sounds like people think everyone is being patted down.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I think TSA should be able to "frisk" anyone, anytime that they have probable cause to believe a crime is being committed. I don't care how young or old the person being searched is. I worked in Corrections and while I never witnessed it first hand, I have heard of occurrences of contraband (dope) being smuggled into prisons in babies diapers. While I don't think we should search anyone to just maintain the illusion of security, I also don't think TSA agents should fear searching a child or anyone for that matter if they have reason to believe a crime is being committed.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
MesaCranker said:
AV8R said:

Just how is that done? From what I've heard, once tagged for a pat-down, you can not refuse. Others have tried by trying to walk away and cancel their flight. It seems the agents are either going to feel you up before you leave, or you'll leave with law enforcement. So, in all seriousness, how does a person refuse a pat-down for their child?

Kids, and the elderly, have been used as "mules" throughout history. It's like a commentator said last night when he described hiding blasting caps and explosives in diapers. Terrorists have no compunction when it comes to thoughts about sacrificing children to achieve their goals. Innocent kids killed many service members in Viet Nam. They would approach them under the guise of selling Cokes with a Claymore mine in their little backpacks and the detonator in a handbag, amongst the sodas. They were told that squeezing the detonator would scare the GI's.

Let's hope someone comes up with a decent, noninvasive method to search every air traveler. I agree that there should never be a reason for any stranger to be groping anyone, regardless of their age, but security measures are needed. When I was a kid my family rarely traveled more than thirty miles from home. It's looking like I'll be spending old age the same way. :(

·
Senior Mumbler
6,671 Posts
jdh31313 said:
I think TSA should be able to "frisk" anyone, anytime that they have probable cause to believe a crime is being committed. I don't care how young or old the person being searched is. I worked in Corrections and while I never witnessed it first hand, I have heard of occurrences of contraband (dope) being smuggled into prisons in babies diapers. While I don't think we should search anyone to just maintain the illusion of security, I also don't think TSA agents should fear searching a child or anyone for that matter if they have reason to believe a crime is being committed.
Unfortunately as far as the TSA is concerned, being an American is a crime.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,425 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts