Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my brother in-law passed away last year he left us some of his guns. One of which was a Wilson Combat Supergrade .22lr, yes a 22 Supergrade.

He had been having problems with cartridges jamming when loading into the breach. The few times I took it to the range I had the same problem. It would jam a 3-4 times during each 10 round magazine. I tried a number of different types of ammo included the recommended CCI Mini Mags.

I did all I could do and finally decided it would be best to call Wilson Combat and see what it would cost to have the gun looked at and repaired.

I called them and told them what I had and the problem I was having. The guy said “I have been here almost 30 years and we have never made a Surpergrade in .22 caliber, what makes you think it’s a Supergradeâ€? I explained the slide is engraved “Wilson Combat Supergradeâ€. He answered with “it must be a conversion somebody did and they must have had it engraved, give me the serial numberâ€. After I gave him the serial number he says “son of a gun, look at that, we did make it as a 22, that’s a first for meâ€. So I guess it’s somewhat of a unique gun.

So he tells me to ship it in with all my magazines and they’ll get it all fixed up, test fired and sent back to me free of charge. I’m thinking great!!

So just over a week goes by and Scott calls to tell me “the gun is all fixed, we changed the barrel and made some adjustments†and then he tells me that they’re replacing all eleven of my metal mags I sent them with new polymer magazines and they’re going to throw in a couple extra mags to offset my cost of shipping the gun to them. He says the gun will run better with the polymer mags.

Now that’s what I call customer service. And here I was thinking I’d be coming out of pocket for at least something.

Can’t wait to get it back and try her out this weekend.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
That is great! And congrats on the rare rifle!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was on their site the other day drooling and dreaming. It's good to hear that everything they say on their site about quality and customer service is true, just in case I win the lottery.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hopefully, I'll have similar experience with WC when I send them my 1996A2 back to them. It appears to have been tempered with since it's birth sometime in 1997. And it could use a fresh finish also.

patrick4588 said:
That is great! And congrats on the rare rifle!
I'm going to take a WAG and say this is a 1911 in .22LR. :wink:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to take a WAG and say this is a 1911 in .22LR. :wink:
Yup it's a 1911 Surpergrade.

Sorry for the horrible image I took it with my phone.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Very glad to hear their CS is that good and they treated you well. I'd love to one day own one of their 1911's, this just pushes me a little closer to being able to justify the cost. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got her back and took her to the range last night with 10 magazines loaded with 10 rounds in each. Shot like a dream
not a single miss-feed. It was a perfect run of 100 rounds. I couldn’t be happier.

Note to self.....buy a truckload of CCI Mini Mags :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Wow, what a beautiful pistol!
Congrats on the great inheritance and thank you for the info on Wilson. It's always great to hear about a good company taking care of customers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Doesn't it make you feal good to be reminded that there ARE still decent people in this world!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts