Kudos to APD Zone 3

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by tace, Oct 15, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

Couple of idiots with North Carolina licenses tried to break in the front door of a house in my neighborhood last night at 1am. Single lady inside called 911 and APD Zone 3 guys, who are about 3 blocks away, showed up in 2-3 minutes and arrested the BGs.

I must say my encounters with them so far have been very positive with the street LEOs. Now, the detectives who investigate crimes in my area, that's a different story.

Thanks again guys and appreciate your work :righton: :applause:

2. M249

M249 New Member

Good to hear! They need some good PR right now.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Have you signed her up for GCO yet?

4. tace

tace New Member

At the moment I am pondering how delicately to approach the subject of arranging training for the subdivision tenants, which I know at least some of them are armed.

If I knew this person myself, I would talk to her about it but I think I need to have a wider approach to all the women (and men) to consider being armed and getting GFL, etc. GCO will definitely be a part of this approach. I just don't want to start up a stupid shouting match with antis cause of where we are there will likely be some.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Most of the APD guys that I have met on the job are jam up guys. I've taken many training classes with them. There were three of their guys in a pistol class that I took recently that were all first rate guys. I attended an armorer class at their academy, and they were very hospitable. Every group has bad apples that get the press, but on a personal level, I have yet to meet an APD guy that I didn't like.

As for their CID, I am quite certain they are completely overwhelmed. There is no way they can keep up with their caseload.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I met one who was an armed robber, but I guess he was likeable enough on a personal level . . .

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

"Please give me your wallet, or I'll have to introduce this bullet to your skull. Thank you. Have a great day, and if you wouldn't mind too much, wait half an hour to call the cops. Yeah, that'll be great."