Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of idiots with North Carolina licenses tried to break in the front door of a house in my neighborhood last night at 1am. Single lady inside called 911 and APD Zone 3 guys, who are about 3 blocks away, showed up in 2-3 minutes and arrested the BGs.

I must say my encounters with them so far have been very positive with the street LEOs. Now, the detectives who investigate crimes in my area, that's a different story.

Thanks again guys and appreciate your work :righton: :applause:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the moment I am pondering how delicately to approach the subject of arranging training for the subdivision tenants, which I know at least some of them are armed.

If I knew this person myself, I would talk to her about it but I think I need to have a wider approach to all the women (and men) to consider being armed and getting GFL, etc. GCO will definitely be a part of this approach. I just don't want to start up a stupid shouting match with antis cause of where we are there will likely be some.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Most of the APD guys that I have met on the job are jam up guys. I've taken many training classes with them. There were three of their guys in a pistol class that I took recently that were all first rate guys. I attended an armorer class at their academy, and they were very hospitable. Every group has bad apples that get the press, but on a personal level, I have yet to meet an APD guy that I didn't like.

As for their CID, I am quite certain they are completely overwhelmed. There is no way they can keep up with their caseload.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
legacy38 said:
but on a personal level, I have yet to meet an APD guy that I didn't like.
I met one who was an armed robber, but I guess he was likeable enough on a personal level . . .
"Please give me your wallet, or I'll have to introduce this bullet to your skull. Thank you. Have a great day, and if you wouldn't mind too much, wait half an hour to call the cops. Yeah, that'll be great."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts