Kroger.....

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by seereus, Oct 18, 2010.

1. seereus

seereus Active Member

Went with the wife to Kroger.

Wife needed to sign up for the club card or what ever it is.
    While waiting in the customer service line, the lady in front of us
    was trying to return 3, 1 gallon jugs of pnut oil.

Customer: I need to return these.

CSR: Do you have your receipt ?

Customer: No I bought this a few days ago and threw away the receipt.

CSR: We no longer give cash refunds without a receipt, there has been a lot of fraud going on concerning the food stamp program.
    I will have to give you a in store gift certificate.

Customer: I would prefer cash.

CSR: We no longer give cash refunds without a receipt, there has been a lot of fraud going on concerning the food stamp program.
    I will have to give you a in store gift certificate.

Customer: I don't know what I'm going to do, I need gas.

CSR: ........ Here's your gift card. :lol:

2. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

go to a kroger fuel center...

Yes, they're real. I get most of my fuel there. For every 100 you spend at Kroger, you get 10 cents off of each gallon in you next fill.

3. Owl

Owl New Member

I don't think I'd have been able to resist saying to her......"and heeeeeeeere's your sign."

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Well, you always get 3 cents off with the use of the Kroger plus card. After you spend $100 on groceries they take off 10 cents but that is really only 7 more cents than normal.

5. 175FO

175FO Member

there are actually a lot of scams out there involving food stamps and the people at Kroger did well to only issue store credit. One scam I have read about involves people applying for food stamps and then selling them for cash below the face value of the food stamps. These are the type of people we have to deal with in our country, they feel that the government owes them a living, even though they have never worked a day in their lives. I'm glad they places like Kroger are starting to wise up to prevent this sort of thing.

6. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

With so many millions using the food ATM I'll bet there is a ton of never-to-be-detected fraud.
    No way to really check on this other than their soc sec # showing them to be employed and making too much to be eligible.

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

My wife and I use the Kroger Gas Station all the time. Its great to get 10 cents off everytime you fill up.

8. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

+1