So ive been on municode tonight and was looking for places i go that have laws on the books....i found one in the city of Valdosta
anyone had any problems carrying knives since the definition of a "weapon" changed at the state level?Sec. 70-5. - Possession of knives, razors and ice picks.
It shall be unlawful for any person to have, possess or carry upon the streets, alleys, sidewalks or in any public place in the city any of the following implements unless they are securely wrapped so as not to be readily available for harmful use:
(1) Any knife which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle, the blade of which when open projects from the handle more than two inches;
(2) Any knife which has any obstruction or other device of any kind which holds the blade partly open, the blade of which when open projects from the handle more than two inches;
(3) Any knife of any kind, except for hunting or sporting purposes only while carried in an exposed manner, the blade of which when open projects from the handle more than three inches; this is intended to include all knives such as butcher knives and/or knives which do not close and any type knife with the blade open;
(4) Any razor or razor blade; or
(5) Any ice pick or similar device having a sharp point, except this shall not apply to any person delivering ice