Kinda Funny encounter at Tractor Supply & Lowe's

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by clmreg, Jun 2, 2016.

1. clmreg

clmreg Member

The Set-up:
    So I'm in Tractor Supply 2 weekends ago in Rincon OCing my M&P9C in a swanky Zookeeper Rig he made me couple years ago. I always take my dog with me. He likes to go places haha. He is a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) 14 months and 120lbs. He understands hand commands as well as verbal which may have led to some of this lady's confusion.

People love to pet my dog and he really is a big baby unless we are home and he senses a threat but he is very large. So I'm standing in line with him, gave him the hand command for down and stay. He lays down, couple kids and their mom are petting him. Older lady behind me says excuse me...are you a cop? I looked at her and said no ma'am I'm not. She replies, well you are carrying a gun and I thought that was your cop dog. I kinda chuckled and said no ma'am I'm just a big fan of my 2nd Amendment and my dog likes to go places. She just goes hmm.

Left there went to Lowe's. I'm walking around with Hercules in the garden section. A man see's me and says a gun and a dog? What are you worried about? All I could do is think of the joke about having several firearms in your vehicle. I looked at him and said.....Absolutely nothing. :D

Anyway not bad stories just thought I'd share a little humor.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And his response was?

I suspect his pucker factor ticked up a point or 3 (dozen)

Nemo

3. clmreg

clmreg Member

He just turned around and walked off, probably thought I was being a smart A

4. HCountyGuy

HCountyGuy Well-Known Member

Very tactfully handled.

5. young_

young_ Member

I've been asked if I was a cop, but in their defense I was open carrying a glock 19 in a safariland holster, and my dog is a working line GSD. [​IMG]

6. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

Good stories man, i like reading about peoples encounters.

Since i really don't have any...lol

7. Leviathan

Leviathan New Member

I think you showed restraint with the man. My smart alec response would have been, " Definitely not of you..." Or tell the lady you're a government assassin who disposed of the bodies by feeding them to the man eating dog.

I do thing your response was correct. I do enjoy the raised eyebrows of the sheeple. As you have no doubt experienced, It is also a catalyst for discussions about GWCL and 2A rights.

Thanks for sharing!

8. Leviathan

Leviathan New Member

Yeah you look like you could be "The Man". I bet if you gained 200 pounds, carried a hi-point in a clip on nylon holster and traded your German shepherd for a Paris Hilton Chihuahua, those questions would never be asked again...:smile:

9. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Sporting a #2 cut and an OC pistol prompts people to ask. I usually answer, "No Sir, I work in the private sector" Ocassionally, I substitute "private security", which is technically true (IT security).

But if they seem like a rabid anti, answers range from hit man to ninja.