Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer that recently bought a motorcycle and bought a ninja sword to carry while he rides... :shock: I read through the new laws and it seems to me like this would be illegal without a GWL. Am I thinking right with this knife designed for defense with a blade over 5"?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I couldn't find the ninja smilie anywhere. That is what I was thinking, but just didn't have the heart to tell him.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Any blade designed for offense or defense and over 5" requires a GWL.

Now a machete on the other hand is not designed for offense/defense so that's a grayer area.

No arguing a ninja/samurai sword is a weapon.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
A motorcycle is a motor vehicle just like a car. A sword is considered just like a handgun. You can have a handgun or sword in any location of your motor vehicle, including your person, without a GWL, openly or concealed. He is totally legal.

However, if he steps off of the motorcycle in public without a GWL he is carrying a "weapon" without a license, which is a crime in our state.

OCing a sword on a motorcycle is the same as OCing a handgun on a motorcycle, no license needed as long as you don't get off of it in public. Beware of a LEO asking/telling/ordering you off the bike during a trafffic stop.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
OCing a sword on a motorcycle is the same as OCing a handgun on a motorcycle...
Except maybe a little higher on the "Darwin Award" scale due to the risk of accidental impalement.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never considered that aspect of it. I so still find it terribly amusing though and yes he does get off of the bike while wearing the sword in public which is all the better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts