Killer bought Glock for $571

Discussion in 'In the News' started by glockgirl, Apr 17, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/

Cho Seung-Hui bought a Glock 19 9 mm pistol 36 days ago, paying $571 for it with a credit card in an "unremarkable" purchase, the owner of Roanoke Firearms said Tuesday.

John Markell, the store's owner, said Cho was very low-key when he purchased the gun and 50 rounds of ammunition.

Even though Cho is a resident alien, Markell said, it was legal for him to purchase a firearm and he presented three forms of identification: a driver's license, a checkbook with an address matching the driver's license, and an insurance card.

State police conducted an instant background check that probably took about a minute, the store owner said. Cho did not say why he wanted the gun, Markell said.

He said the transaction -- which was with one of his associates, not Markell himself -- was "probably the most unremarkable sale ever" and he was shocked when three ATF agents arrived at his store Monday with the receipt for the weapon.

The Glock 19 is one of his biggest sellers, Markell said. It's used mostly for competition and self-defense. Markell said he is shocked and saddened by the shooting at Virginia Tech.

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

read the comments section too... one person said 50 rounds is ALOT...

I think I shoot 100-300 everytime I go to the range :)

3. Foul

Foul New Member

I wonder what they think of me buying 800-1000 rounds at a time of 7.62x39 and/or 7.62x 54R?

4. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

You know what this means, Legislation to log you every time you buy more than 50 rounds of ammo, don't think it will happen...

Go try to buy some cough medicine, you know, over the counter stuff.

5. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

$571 for a Glock G19! :shock:

He paid to much :?

I got mine for $479 8)

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Same here.

7. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

yep my first thought was hmmm he got ripped off.

i know this will piss people off but I think we should have less gun laws and more immigration laws

8. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

SOG has them for 359 used.

I still doubt the gun just jumped out and started shooting people on it's own. But that's just me.

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I doubt he was really concerned about the price as he didn't plan to be around when the bill arrived.

Sad. I wonder if there is any solution to this. Especially a solution that doesn't require us to give up our guns like England and other members of the British Commonwealth. Like that's worked...!

I dread the politicians' comments and proposed solutions...

10. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Yeah, just look at HB89 in the senate. The are using any excuse they can (including the VT shooting) to skirt around this bill.

How much more pathetic can these idiots get??? sickening :sick: