Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During an address at an anti-gun rally in front of Chuck's, Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor of St. Sabina's Church, exhorted the crowd to "drag" shop owner, John Riggio, from his shop "like a rat" and "snuff" him. Rev. Pfleger went on to tell the crowd that legislators that vote against gun control legislation should be "snuffed" as well.
Listen:
http://www.isra.org/quick/pfleger_calls ... 052607.mp3

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Good thing the gun shop owners have.....guns!

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Way to marginalize the whole anti-gun campaign...

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Yeah, we need more nutcases like him on that side of the issue.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Isn't speaking to a crowd and inciting them to commit murder a felony of some sort? I'm pretty sure if this guy was a grand wizard in the KKK that he'd be in jail before he got finished the next sentence.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
CoolHand said:
Isn't speaking to a crowd and inciting them to commit murder a felony of some sort? I'm pretty sure if this guy was a grand wizard in the KKK that he'd be in jail before he got finished the next sentence.
Hey David Codrea at the War on Guns has a better idea, sick the IRS on him. Tax exempt churches cannot advocate on legislative issues, which is exactly what this guy is doing. Read the whole thing: http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/05/s ... leger.html

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
CoolHand said:
There is a difference between saying, "I think that all X should be shot." and saying, "There is an X. Go shoot him."

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
legacy38 said:
CoolHand said:
There is a difference between saying, "I think that all X should be shot." and saying, "There is an X. Go shoot him."
Not much

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn't a specific X in this case the owner of the gun store?

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
ber950 said:
legacy38 said:
CoolHand said:
Not much
One is an opinion. The other is inciting a specific action against a specific person at a specific time. Suppose I made the general statement to you that I think child molesters should be castrated. Suppose I even gave the name of a specific child molester and voiced my opinion that the specific person should be castrated. Those statements would simply be my opinion and would be protected speech.

Now suppose we saw the specific person mentioned and I then attempted to get you to join me in said act or attempted to get you to committ said act, I have moved beyond speech and into an act. That is the difference.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I didn't agree with Pat Robertson doing it either but, where are all the same angry people to condemn this guy as well. :rant:

As Tommy Chong would say,"Where's the love man". :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
legacy38 said:
ber950 said:
legacy38 said:
CoolHand said:
Not much
One is an opinion. The other is inciting a specific action against a specific person at a specific time. Suppose I made the general statement to you that I think child molesters should be castrated. Suppose I even gave the name of a specific child molester and voiced my opinion that the specific person should be castrated. Those statements would simply be my opinion and would be protected speech.

Now suppose we saw the specific person mentioned and I then attempted to get you to join me in said act or attempted to get you to committ said act, I have moved beyond speech and into an act. That is the difference.
I think this case crosses that line. Thus not much

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Apparently Jesse Jackson got in on the action, too! :D

Jackson's group, the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, organized the demonstration against Chuck's Gun Shop in Riverdale IL. Jackson himself charged that the business sold the 'majority of guns connected with recent shooting deaths in Chicago,' but then admitted he did not have statistics on the store, reported NBC5.com
http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/353103277.html

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Apparently Jesse Jackson got in on the action, too! :D

Jackson's group, the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, organized the demonstration against Chuck's Gun Shop in Riverdale IL. Jackson himself charged that the business sold the 'majority of guns connected with recent shooting deaths in Chicago,' but then admitted he did not have statistics on the store, reported NBC5.com
http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/353103277.html
:shakehead:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Good ol' Jessy J.

Always up for some fear mongering or race war incitement.

Why did MLK have to get shot and not him? They were at the same place at the same time. It's a damn shame if you ask me; which you didn't.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Rammstein said:
Good ol' Jessy J.

Always up for some fear mongering or race war incitement.

Why did MLK have to get shot and not him? They were at the same place at the same time. It's a damn shame if you ask me; which you didn't.
Are you calling for the assassination of JJ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: Oh the irony of this thread, hahahaha.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Not calling for it, I'd rather JJ get shot than MLK. To me, MLK's life was worth a lot more than JJ. JJ just spreads hate.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts