Kidnapped in a gun-free school zone? NO WAY!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by foshizzle, Mar 9, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11214517/detail.html

ATLANTA -- Police are looking for two men who kidnapped an Emory University student from campus, drove him to a bank and forced him at gunpoint to withdraw hundreds of dollars. The student was eventually released unharmed.

Do you mean to tell me that these criminals ignored the posted signs indicating they could not have firearms in a school-zone? How could this have happened with these laws to protect us? I'm baffled as always.

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I especially think college employees should be able to carry. I work till the middle of the night alot and my parking is a LONG way from work. I know campus police will give you a lift but I don't think they would like me calling every night.

3. Taler

Taler New Member

GG, If you were my daughter, and based on you're age, you could be, I'd be very upset if you didn't call the Campus Police EVERY night. EVERY night.

Don't put yourself in a position where your safety might be compromised.

Taler

4. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

I agree with Talor. I have an eighteen year old daughter that will begin college in the Fall. I would rather have her bother someone she could trust, than run across someone she can't.

Don't worry about calling for a lift. Better safe than sorry. :wink:

5. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

yeah yeah I know. I am sure my daddy appreciates ya'll reminding me.

really UGA is pretty good about it. They patrol pretty well but we did just have some crazy freak hide out in a girls restroom at the middle school of the day. Guess you never know where crazies will appear.

watch_their_hands where is your daughter going?

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

GG,

Agreed with above, heck they cant be everywhere every second. Call them everynight and ask for a lift. I dont know any guy that wouldnt want to help a woman!

Plus we should all be allowed to carry where we please!

7. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

She'll be attending North Georgia College, GG~.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Mike: Add this to the list!

9. Malum Prohibitum

I once arrested a man committing a felony (in progress) at Emory while I was a student.

Of course, it was legal for me to carry (the firearm was not needed to effect this arrest) because I was special, unlike the little people.

:D

Kidnapped? I guess the students are getting wimpier over time.

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Now we all know you are spethcial MP. My fiance calls me spethcial all the time, like the short bus kind of spethcial! LOL

Nothing wrong with little people! It's all fun and games till you bring in the little people!

My ex-wifes sister went and graduated from Emory. And wimps at Emory are another word for it. There are some very odd and interesting people going to school there now.

11. Malum Prohibitum

I was recently fingerprinted at Emory University PD for my Utah Firearms License. The fingerprinting officer made the statement that they have arrested "several" otherwise law abiding individuals for possession of a firearm within a school safety zone within the last year. Felony.

He also said they made an arrest in this kidnapping and robbery case that started this thread.

He chuckled when I informed him that I used to carry to class.

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Did he give his opinion of that happening? (arresting carriers)

13. Malum Prohibitum

It was stated matter of factly in response to my question as to whether it was enforced there. He prudently did not give his personal opinion, although he seemed supportive of carry generally.

14. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

yeah that's what I meant. I guess if that's your job then you sort of have to do what you have to do. Got to pay the bills. I think I might be shopping around for a new gig though.

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

GG girl:

I'm old enough to be your grandfather and I'm telling you if you don't call the campus cops when you're working nights, I don't want to be your friend any longer because, I just hate it when my friends get hurt or die. It's happened to too many of them, mostly by natural causes but one of my good friends was murdered.

He was a cop.

On duty.

With a gun and a partner in the car with him!

They both died.

So, I'm asking you to

CALL THEM!

Please.

If that doesn't convince you, just remember young lady, you're not too big to be spanked!

Please take care of your own safety. Please..... If a friend of yours were talking to you about this, what would you advise her? Follow your own advice.

Please?

16. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Yes Daddy Macktee!

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Oh I bet that gets him hot...so long as he has his little blue pill.. :lol: 8)

I kid, I kid.

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Mack's a dirty old man !!! :lol: