Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here uses a KHolster? How do you like it? Do you use it for a full sized pistol? I'm thinking about getting one for carrying my RIA Tactical 9mm 1911 IWB.

I'm torn between KHolster, Crossbreed Super Tuck, or an RGrizzle 'Southern Draw'. I have used Ryan (RGrizzle) in the past and have been very pleased with the quality of his work. I'm just wondering how often I would really use the tuckable feature.

I'm going to have the Zookeper make me some OWB leather as soon as I figure out what I want it trimmed in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Having both the crossbread for an HK usp45c and a Kholster for a 4" xd45, they are basically the same.

I wore the cross bread for years, and then this past Black Friday, ordered the Kholster for 35 bucks.

With the Kholster, cutting the leather to suit your shape/need or whatever, won't affect the return of the holster if something is wrong with it. You can do what you like with it. Not sure about the crossbreed.

I cut both the Kholster and the crossbreed for my needs.

The crossbreed "seems" to be made of thicker leather, not sure.

However I do like the fact that the Kholster's clips are further apart than the crossbreed.

I can't say which one I like better.

They both attach to the belt VERY well. It's basically a toss up.

I'd say for the money, Kholster...at least at 35 bucks. If they are the same price.....crossbreed.

Hope that helps.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I used a Kholster for a PT145 I had. I loved it. Very comfortable and secure. Only sold it when I got rid of the gun.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
great buy for the money. I have one that I've carried various 1911s in and it works fine. I like how you can cut the leather down to suit your needs.

I've handled Crossbreeds and the over quality seemed higher, but functionally they seem like they would be the same.

·
Amerikan Gulag
507 Posts
Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may wait on IWB. I have contacted Zookeper about an OWB setup and mag holder.

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
I like my Kholster a lot. Quality is decent and the gun carries very well. It's tuckable and my XDsc 9mm disappears in it.

It hold my XDc45 too, so that's a bonus.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I use four different Kholsters for all-day CC, one being full size(XDm). It would seem the difference between that brand and others is the total barrier of leather between the gun and the skin. If you feel aesthetics are the prime concern, versus comfort, then the Kholster is not for you. It is not intended to alternately be used for OC, and would look dorky, if it were.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Adam5 said:
Who here uses a KHolster? How do you like it? Do you use it for a full sized pistol? I'm thinking about getting one for carrying my RIA Tactical 9mm 1911 IWB.

I'm torn between KHolster, Crossbreed Super Tuck, or an RGrizzle 'Southern Draw'. I have used Ryan (RGrizzle) in the past and have been very pleased with the quality of his work. I'm just wondering how often I would really use the tuckable feature.

I'm going to have the Zookeper make me some OWB leather as soon as I figure out what I want it trimmed in.
Take a look at the Galco KingTuk.It is already combat cut , it is comfortable and less expensive than Crossbreed or Comp-Tac and the quality is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts