Kelly Loeffler Senator?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Collins voted with the Democrats almost all the time. He is not a Republican nor is he even remotely conservative. I find it really difficult to believe people are actually listening to what he claims rather than looking at his record. Claiming to be conservative is not actually being a conservative. Voting as a liberal along side of the other liberals actually makes you a liberal. Not only is Collins rated as the least conservative he is even rated less conservative than to of the current Democrats that received higher conservative ratings than he did.

Smilodon likes this.
  2. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Neither Collins or the female candidate are conservatives. It's the new way of getting liberals elected. Either way it goes the communist party wins and conservatives lose.

Smilodon likes this.

3. CE23648

CE23648 New Member

OWM .... The Heritage Foundation’s Heritage Action affiliate has scored Kelly Loeffler as most conservative voting record in the US Senate. 100% conservative voting.

She wrote and introduced the Gun Owner Privacy Act (S. 4040) to prohibit government from retaining records from approved background checks. Co-sponsored S.69 Constitutional Concealed Carry Act and S.4445 Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (federal judge carry right.)

I disagree with your assessment of her.

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

First of all welcome to the Forum. This must be a very important issue for you to make this reply your first post. Just curious did you review the entire Thread or just pick up at the current end of it. The Heritage Foundation’s Heritage Action affiliate scores are about like credit scores they give no guarantee of future performance. Introducing a gun bill or two and co- sponsoring some bills just does not mean much at this time. I personally don't trust or believe either candidate to be a true conservative. I am convinced even less that either hold the 2nd Amendment as a high priority. Now sometime between now and walking in the voting booth I've got to make a decision on one of them. That's where I stand now. One of us is wrong. Whichever is elected and if the winner does prove to be a valid and conscientious conservative and a passionate supporter of gun rights then we all win. I pray that be the case. Thank you for taking the time to voice your concern.

atlsrt44, Harhib and MLS 4506 like this.
  5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Many politicians will sign-on as "cosponsors" a bill that has no chance in hell of passing into law. These slimy politicians don't even want the law to pass-- they only want to be able to tell their constituency that they want it to pass!
    But in back room deals, off the record, they will tell their fellow Congress critters that they really don't care about this bill, and would be happy if it were defeated!

Politicians regularly talk out of both sides of their mouth. Cosponsoring a bill doesn't mean Jack Schidt without actually stumping for it, mentioning that bill in press releases, pitching it in one's speeches and on your website.
    If all you do is "cosponsor a bill" that just means that you're sucking up to that section of your constituency who cares about the issues that bill addresses even if you don't care and don't consider that you've got any dog in that fight.

atlsrt44 and OWM like this.
  6. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The problem with your post is Loeffler is not a politician. Like Trump she relies on her very successful business background and the Constitution as guides. Unlike her biggest competitor whom is a politician and does actually talk out of both sides of his mouth by supporting the Democrat agenda here in Georgia and then again in the US House while running as a republican. Or is that the politician you were referring to?

7. CE23648

CE23648 New Member

OWM ... thank you for your kind welcome. As a long time lurker of the forum, I felt compelled to chime in on this thread because I feel that our Constitutional liberties are being eroded.

We can have a civil discourse about what various candidates are promising for the future, but their actual voting records are a part of the Federal Register — permanently there for all to see — with a tangible difference between the voting records of the two Republicans in this race. Loeffler has the most conservative voting record of any member of this Congress.

8. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

On that we are in complete and unequivocal agreement.
    The current one term Governor of Georgia is a prime example of my skepticism of all politicians and politicians in training. They promise things that never happen or can happen. This is at all levels of government. I'm a big boy and I am well aware that candidates telling you what you want to hear has always been the case but, now it has been turned into an art form. One thing 2020 has accomplished is to help expose the true colors as it were of the people we have elected to public office. It's a shame that ballots do not have a none of the above option and if that option wins we dump that set of candidates and start over. We do that in everything but elections. Fantasy yes, for now.

Smilodon likes this.
  9. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

You may be correct in the 1 term thing as the state may go blue next time round, but Republicans will still keep him as the candidate