Kel Tec P3AT

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I really want a Kel Tec P3AT of these but I am scared that I am going to get a piece of junk. Anybody out there have some opinions on these? How much bigger is Bersa .380?

2. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Not a whole lot bigger, but beefier, and IMHO more reliable. I've never had a P3AT but have heard very mixed reviews. On the other hand, all I hear are good things about most all of the Bersa line of firearms.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have one. I like it. It has the Parkerized finish.

I have not shot thousands of rounds through it or anything, but I would not call it a piece of junk. Firing the little .380 round into fluid filled bottles produced a more spectacular result than I would have expected. I have not experienced any of the problems that others reported with the weapon itself.

Draw from a pocket holster is a little slower than I anticipated, that is unless your hand is already on it.

My wife, who weighs 100 pounds and carries a .357 magnum, calls it "the girlie gun." :lol:

4. rajl

rajl New Member

I've shot one before. It has a bit of muzzle flip, and doesn't fit my large hands well. Feeds ball reliably, I've heard that if you have problems with hollowpoints, polishing the feed-ramp will solve that problem. If you use it as a pocket gun, you're going to need to keep it clean. Pocket-lint will find it's way into the damndest of places.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I thought about getting one, but decided that it was a little too small for my tastes. It reminded me of a Beretta .25 (Tomcat I think) that my father used to have. I couldn't find a way to comfortably and securely hold it. I ended up going with a Walther PPK/S for days that I want something smaller than my Glock 17.

6. rajl

rajl New Member

Yeah, I almost got one also, but decided to go for a snubby J-Frame Airweight in .38+P. More power, just as conceable in pocket carry. Same accuracy.

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Too small for my hands too, so I bought the $13 extra round mag extension and it is much better. It does have a flip, but anything that light is going to.

8. grayelky

grayelky New Member

PM me and I will let you decide if you like the 380 or 32 better. They have their place. They are much smaller than a PPK and so much lighter.