Kel-tec or ?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by cripple, Oct 17, 2007.

1. cripple

cripple New Member

Im going this weekend to look for a concelment weapon but I only have $350 to spend. Im looking for something in a 9mm. All I can think of is the Kel-Tec 9-11. Are there any other choices?

2. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Bersa comes to mind in that price range, but then I have no experience with their firearms.

No offense, but you may consider saving a bit more to a get a better quality weapon. For about $100 more you could be in the used Glock, XD, or S&W range. You may even be able to find something new.

Good luck and don't rush to any snap decisions. Take your time and feel a lot of the guns. See what feels right to you.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I've only heard good about Bersa.

As far as Kel-Tecs go, I know a few people on this forum carry the P-3AT as a BUG. I haven't had any problems with mine, but I just picked it up from Semper Fi last night and haven't put any rounds through it, so this may not be the best data point ;)

If you can scrape together $200 more, the Kahr PM9 will be in your price range. I think that's the best probably the best 9mm in that size range.

The Kel-Tec PF-9 is supposedly much better than the P-11, since it's smaller and the newer version. If you're looking at these guns, I would recommend doing some reading at ktog.org and ktrange.org, though the guys at the latter forum are not quite as friendly or polite as those at the former.

Do you have any size requirement? Do you want something pocketable, or maybe something for a hip holster or shoulder holster? Does it have to be in 9mm, or will .380 do as well?

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Some people don't like them, but you can get a Taurus Millennium pro new for about that. DO NOT GET A USED ONE !!!! You need to get a new one to be sure you get the 3rd generation model. There were alot of issued with the early ones that were fixed in the 2nd generation. I have about 500 rounds through my 3rd generation model and it has run flawlessly. The trigger pull is a little long on the first shot, but after that just fire it from reset. If I remember correctly, I paid $359 NIB for mine at Nick's in Marietta.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I've got a S&W Sigma 9mm for $349. I don't know if that's a little bigger than you are looking for.

BTW...I like your avatar

6. fallison

fallison Guest

I bought my wife a Kel-tec PF-9 about two months ago. She is very happy with it. (There goes my plan to snag it as a BUG :( )

7. bigdixie

bigdixie New Member

I bought my Bersa Thunder .380 NIB at Shooters for $300 out the door. I paid a little too much but oh well. I love mine and for the price you can't beat it. The little kel-tech .380 is just too small for me.

8. jason1

jason1 New Member

I'm thinking about the Hungarian PA63 Makarov 9x18 as a good bug its almost a 9mm and a 380.Last time I checked using my C&R login at SOG the price is still $129.95.

[​IMG]

9. cripple

cripple New Member

Thanks for all of your replies. I think Im going to look at either a taurus millineum or a s&W sigma. I actually have a millineum now in a .45 and owned a sigma last year. After looking closer, the choices for accessories and holsters are far greater with either of these than with the kel tec.

10. budder

Macktee has a PA-63, so ask nicely and he might bring it Saturday :D

11. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

12. dark_cowboy29

dark_cowboy29 New Member

the bursa is a awesome gun i picked up a 380 for 200 right before i came to ga at a oklahoma gun show

13. budder

Yeah, I just shot Macktee's this past Saturday and while the recoil is a bit rough on the webbing of your hand, it's a great little gun and hits where you point (unless you're Macktee).

14. Macktee

Macktee New Member

A number of people have fired my PA-63 and, while I agree the recoil is "snappy", I've only heard one person whine and cry and whimper and complain about it hurting his widdle biddy hand... Mishwa didn't have any complaints about it.

Ya know, I believe he and I also agreed we carry normal sized pocket knives, rather than an 8" "butter knife", because we don't need to compensate for the size of our "packages".......

Of course, that same one person (who apparently needs to compensate for "something"...) does tend to whine and cry and whimper and complain about pretty much damn near everything!

So, I don't know if it's a valid WCWC or not... I'm going with "not"!

What a complete and total wussie.

I almost said "wimp", but he'll have to bulk up quite a bit before he qualifies as a wimp...!

So cripp, anytime you want to try out my little Hungarian beauty, let me know and we'll meet at Bullseye. Hopefully, butter will have other plans....

What am I saying?

That's like saying Ramm, cute girl and date all in the same sentence.

They just don't go together!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:-k That name sounds vaguely familiar . . . is that somebody we all know?

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

O, O, O..I know!

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

So, where is he?

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

So, where is he?[/quote:376ksp5q]

A couple miles down the road.

19. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Ya ain't gonna believe this...

Actually, I'm having some trouble posting it because I too have a problem believing it, but......

Our boy Rammie tells me he has a lady friend and her name isn't Rosie! Consequently, he's been spending time with her instead of us. He claims he's getting out of his parent's basement and away from the computer on a regular basis. He said he's starting to live like a real, live, honest-to-goodness, actual, normal, hetero college kid with emphasis on the hetero part!

Yeah..... that's what I thought!!

:^o