Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Private shooting club in Sharpsburg.

Outdoor. Rifle, pistol, trap and sporting clays. Looking into adding a skeet range.

Full auto friendly (so long as people aren't stupid).

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At least two of the registered members here are members of Keg Creek.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Rifle Range

How long is the rifle range and what is the policy on non members?

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,014 Posts
Someone asked me if there was an outdoor range in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody area. I know ther is one but can't think of it's name or where it's at. Anyone help?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,149 Posts
OUTDOOR range in Dunwoody ????

An OUTDOOR range in the heart of Atlanta's perimeter mall area? With mile after mile of houses, condos, and apartments in every direction? I've never heard of it, and I lived in Sandy Springs until just a year ago.

The closest outdoor ranges to that area that I know of are the Dekalb County police range on N. Goddard Rd, which is open to the public at certain posted times, and the Riverbend Gun Club, which has a 600 yard rifle range, up in Dawsonville, about 60 miles north of I-285.

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
200 yards currently. They are waiting on the expense of adding a longer range depending on the number of paying members who will use it. Guests are welcome to visit. Being a nonmember, you will pay for the privilege, but if you are thinking about signing up . . .

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manwell, to my utter disappointment, this range closed recently. Sorry. :cry:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ah, OK… I recently visited the Little River Gun Club in Carrollton, looks like a nice member only club. Sharpsburg would have been a tad closer for me.

Manwell

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If we can find another convenient place to shoot, maybe we can get together for shooting after the holidays. For indoor, I prefer Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville (also listed on this forum).

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I am a member of Little River if anyone is interested in joining or having a fun shoot. I also have access to a totally private range in the same area if anyone is interested in doing a fun shoot.

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Firearmz said:
I also have access to a totally private range in the same area if anyone is interested in doing a fun shoot.
Is that a trick question? You probably have a hundred and fity - hundred and sixty interested in doing a fun shoot . . .

:)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
JUST SAY WHEN I HAVE A FEW HUNDRED ROUNDS
BURNING A HOLE IN MY AMMO CAN.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts