·
Registered
9,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The buyer has canceled his promised TV interview.

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
Trading favors and using force . . .

Did they have a warrant? Can deputies from California serve a warrant in Indiana?

I am guessing he did not just try to throw these folks from California off the property.

The reporter says "charged" with crimes, but reporters often get that wrong, and I can't tell from the portion of the "Complaint" that they flashed on the screen what happened.

Did the Batman guy come with them to the local police station willingly, or was he dragged there by force?

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
"The DA is supposed to pursue truth and justice . . ."

Yeah, she is right about that, but in my experience that is not the way prosecutors are wired.

Reactions: mountainman444

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
"The county still has not provided meal receipts . . ."

LOL! That's because they are embarrassing and have lots of alcohol and lavish expenses.

Reactions: mountainman444

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
The car comes with a working flame thrower!

He filed a police report with Atherton police and a suit in California state court in San Mateo County against Racop. In the August 2021 lawsuit, Anagnostou alleged that the carmaker sold his car “to fulfill a later car order ahead of [Anagnostou’s] order to generate additional cash by selling the same Car twice.” (The contract, which was provided in Anagnostou’s complaint, indeed states that, in “the event that Buyer fails to pay a payment as agreed, and upon 30 days notice, the Builder shall be entitled to sell the Car.”)​
Judge Nancy Fineman threw out the lawsuit on the grounds that “Indiana is the proper forum for this action.”​
This story is loaded with detail. He has to appear August 19 for arraignment on felonies in California.

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
The DA will push, because now they have to dig in their heels and show that they were right.

It looks like the man did exactly what the contract with the buyer permits him to do in the event of nonpayment.

There will be no downside consequences to the Sheriff, who was voted out of office before this came to light, or the DA. Watch and see. It is just the way things are.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

• Helpful
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
Warrants for computers at business, but they were password protected, and the deputies could not access them.

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A local deputy got a local warrant for the CA folks. He went along on the raid but stayed in the background. Sending 4 officers across the country. Damn, a sheriff has real power to FU.

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
A local deputy got a local warrant for the CA folks. He went along on the raid but stayed in the background. Sending 4 officers across the country. Damn, a sheriff has real power to FU.
I am disturbed by the behavior of the Sheriff and his deputies, but I am more disturbed by the DA. Mark Racop is now facing felonies. He is being arraigned two weeks from today. This is far, far from over for Mr. Racop. I hope he gets very good lawyers.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,440 Posts
I can't see how one would divert money they were not given to divert.

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
Well, he was making progress payments. He stopped. Mr. Racop tried to contact him for 8 months. Nothing. So he finally sold that car to another buyer and placed Mr. Anaognastou at the back of the line (car number 9), which means he is going to have to wait. The contract permits him to do this at any time payments are 30 days in arrears. This made Mr. Anagnastou very upset. He paid the car off in full (when, I am not clear). He sued. The judge threw out the lawsuit.

Mr. Anagnastou was not satisfied, so tried to bring criminal charges. The DA said no crime.

So Mr. Anagnastou called his buddy the Sheriff.

Now the criminal justice system is rolling right along, right over Mr. Racop.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Well, he was making progress payments. He stopped. Mr. Racop tried to contact him for 8 months. Nothing. So he finally sold that car to another buyer and placed Mr. Anaognastou at the back of the line (car number 9), which means he is going to have to wait. The contract permits him to do this at any time payments are 30 days in arrears. This made Mr. Anagnastou very upset. He paid the car off in full (when, I am not clear). He sued. The judge threw out the lawsuit.

Mr. Anagnastou was not satisfied, so tried to bring criminal charges. The DA said no crime.

God i hope you are wrong and there is something we dont know.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,440 Posts

Yes I saw and or read all of that. the money he was paid right up until the money stopped wa not diverted. So how could he actually be charged with diverting a construction loan? Yes the car has now been fully funded however it has been moth balled for a later date because of the delayed funds per contract disclaimer. The current funds have not been diverted and are being held to complete the car in a time frame specified by the contract. Still no diversion of funds.

·
Super Moderator
72,851 Posts
God i hope you are wrong and there is something we dont know.
I could very well be wrong. That is just what I took from the sources above. Why, though, do you hope I am wrong?

Do you think I outlined a crime by Mr. Racop or there is not crime and the government is overreaching and which of those do you hope I am wrong about?

Yes I saw and or read all of that. the money he was paid right up until the money stopped wa not diverted. So how could he actually be charged with diverting a construction loan? Yes the car has now been fully funded however it has been moth balled for a later date because of the delayed funds per contract disclaimer. The current funds have not been diverted and are being held to complete the car in a time frame specified by the contract. Still no diversion of funds.
Yeah, this is going to be a very difficult prosecution if there is a car delivery prior to trial. Even if there is not, they can show progress on the build in exhibits at the trial. This whole thing stinks.

But, since there is no downside to the DA for pushing forward, and the DA needs to cover for the deputies, the DA will move forward. As per normal practice, there will be all sorts of sweet plea deals offered in a desperate attempt to get Mr. Racop to plead to something, with such plea negotiations to be accompanied by threats of real prison time if he goes to trial.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,602 Posts
This story of a corrupt sheriff and DA is something you might think only happened in backwoods places in the country.

I guess we can all be surprised once in a while.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I could very well be wrong. That is just what I took from the sources above. Why, though, do you hope I am wrong?

Do you think I outlined a crime by Mr. Racop or there is not crime and the government is overreaching and which of those do you hope I am wrong about?

Yeah, this is going to be a very difficult prosecution if there is a car delivery prior to trial. Even if there is not, they can show progress on the build in exhibits at the trial. This whole thing stinks.

But, since there is no downside to the DA for pushing forward, and the DA needs to cover for the deputies, the DA will move forward. As per normal practice, there will be all sorts of sweet plea deals offered in a desperate attempt to get Mr. Racop to plead to something, with such plea negotiations to be accompanied by threats of real prison time if he goes to trial.
Because from what we have been shown this is horriblly corrupt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts