Keep Unread Topics Mod installed on forum

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Gunstar1, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

This mod replaces the original method of flagging the newest unread posts from session settings located on the server and your computer, to a method that keeps the record on the server based on user name.

What the forum should now do is:
    • keep track of new posts regardless of what computer you use to log in;[/*:m:3ce4yuf7]
    • Fixes the bug where all unread posts are sometimes marked being read when they have not;[/*:m:3ce4yuf7]
    • Fixes the bug where a post you have read is still marked as unread;[/*:m:3ce4yuf7]
    • NEW BUTTON - yellow button on each post (right next to the quote button) that allows the user to mark the topic unread again from that post onwards (a sort of bookmark function).[/*:m:3ce4yuf7]

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The button works. :D

Say there is a hot topic or a long reply that you do not have time to read right now but want to later. Well, next to the quote button there is now a yellow page button, if you click it, that post and every post below it is marked as unread (will light back up to remind you to read it next time you log in).

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Is it a standard function of the software, or is it something that you downloaded?

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Downloaded it from the phpbb website. It is a 3rd party modification of the forum software.

I also added a few more mods but all those are admin only things, like an editor for the Forum's FAQ that lets you manage the FAQ in a similar manner as the forum manager (add, move, delete forums) in the admin CP.

If you want more info on the mod and what it took to install it let me know. Also I can tell you what other programs and mods I have installed to help me manage the forum.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Thanks. We need to do some upgrades at Shooters' Legacy. I may get in touch with you then.