Katrina and the Race War

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

https://www.thenation.com/article/katrinas-hidden-race-war/

2. phaed

phaed Active Member

so when it comes down to it, forced diversity doesn't really create tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect? next you'll be telling me there's no santa claus.

3. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Summary: Looters are mad that the people they were stealing from shot at them

more thug entitlement and "dindunuffin" BS slathered on top of a race card

No concept of personal responsibility or courtesy to others, just trying to "get theirs" and don't understand why other folks care

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The people shot in this story were not looters.
    Other blacks may have been looting, but that doesn't mean it's open season on any knee-grows walking in a mostly-white neighborhood.
    Especially wen the government was routing them there as an evacuation point.

5. mrhutch

According to the folks who did the shooting, they were.

Someone trying to break into a shut down store = looter

folks carrying new shoes and hats down the street when there are no stores open = looter

folks approaching shut down store = looters

folks moving a barrier to private property and refusing to stop at gun point = looters/darwin award contestants

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The MAIN victim characters in this story were not looters, and no white person interviewd said they witnessed or participated in THAT shooting. Those three blacks were shot for being black and presumably from the slums and in a nice white side of the suburbs.

QUOTE:
    " After hearing all these gruesome stories, I wonder if any of the militia figures I’ve interviewed were involved in the shooting of Herrington and company. In particular, Pervel’s and Janak’s anecdotes intrigue me, since both men discussed shooting incidents that sounded a lot like the crime that nearly killed Herrington and wounded Alexander and Collins. Both Pervel and Janak recounted incidents in which vigilantes confronted three black men.

Hoping to solve the mystery, I show Herrington and Alexander video of Pervel, Janak and Roper, all of whom are in their 50s or 60s. No match. The shooters, Herrington and Alexander tell me, were younger men, in their 30s or 40s, sporting prominent tattoos. I have not been able to track them down."

Also note the MANY references to shooting blacks on sight, just for being there.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Note that per the article cited above the difference between the slums and the nice white side was across the street.

Nemo

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

12-pages that drone-on for an eternity that could have easily been summarized into a single page.... :surrender:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

You're painting with a very broad brush.

10. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

agreed. The comments are pretty racists...

11. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I can't speak to the article and its authenticity. What I can speak to was flying a C-5 airplane down there to evacuate about 300 people. What I recall was many of the folks (most of them were black) were complaining about them being "floor loaded" (since we didn't have the provisions to carry a bunch of passengers, a series of cargo straps are installed and folks sat down on the floor and used the cargo straps to "hold on"). They yelled at the crew, and some of the loadmasters were spit on. The total flight time was about an hour and a half and they bitched, complained and called us very, VERY nasty things the entire way (thankfully I sit upstairs in flight, so I didn't have to deal with that). Never mind the fact that they were being rescued...they never took up our offer to get off the plane. I do recall that when we were offloading them in San Antonio, 6 or 7 white folks (and I think that was all that was on board our flight) they all thanked me while deplaning and conversely, 2 black folks (out of about 295) thanked me while the rest gave me dirty looks.

When it first occurred, I simply thought that the stress they had gone through is what caused this reaction. I thought I got it. I thought I understood it. But today...I think it was hate. Those black folks HATED the white folks (and one black loadmaster who was treated just as bad) that were operating that airplane. I didn't used to be a bigot but that was one of the things that started to turn me. And all the recent things that have gone on (including a nasty "Trump voters are racist" diatribe by a professor and several students at the law school I attend) is making me worse and worse in that manner. I don't want to think that way, but I can't seem to help it and a large segment of the black population isn't helping me any, either.

12. mrhutch

And Trayvon was a sweet young man minding his own business, michael brown was a big teddy bear with his hands up, etc etc. The urban black community has consistently lied to the media and played the victim, and when facts are able to be found the vast majority of the time it turns out completely contradictory to the story they tell. Statistics and experience tell me most of the "victims" are full of crap. Now, are those militia members hateful and racist? Probably. Were the comments they made necessary? Absolutely not. But that also doesn't clear the "victims" of wrongdoing just because they claim they "dindunuffin" like all the others that make it on TV have.

The probability of a bunch of poor black folks from a bad part of town lying about being innocently gunned down for no reason is much higher than the probability that a bunch of well off white folks when on a rogue race hunt.

I wouldn't call it a race war, I wouldn't call all of it justified. I would call articles like this race baiting BS that won't do anything but create issues instead of solving past ones.

If there's a natural disaster, don't wander the streets. Especially when you don't live in the area and aren't recognized. You get to shelter, and you stay in shelter.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  13. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

This x1000. Before the hurricane hit, I was on leave camping up @ Allatoona. I remember that XM radio was playing the warning about every 15 minutes and I remember thinking to myself, "HOLY CRAP! This sounds incredibly BAD!!!" and also relating to my friends that if I was in the N.O. area, I would be doing EVERYTHING in my power to GTFO. I like my stuff, don't get me wrong, but when the NWS issued that warning, I would have gladly lost all of my material possessions to get out of harm's way. And for those of you that don't remember how dire the warning was...here is the text product.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      70 KB
      Views:
  14. moe mensale

Your blame is misplaced. Martin and Brown were both thugs and everyone knew it even if they didn't admit it. The blame belongs to the MSM for trying to perpetuate the race narrative.

15. moe mensale

The area in question is a white island in a black sea. It was also being used by the authorities as an evacuation area. Considering the calamity they were all facing and jacked up fears and suspicions, the outcome was probably inevitable.

16. moe mensale

And when getting to shelter forces you to be "somewhere you shouldn't be," then what?

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The area they were in is where the shelter and evacuation point was.

New Orleans is a lot like Atlanta or Savannah, where the "good" neighborhoods and "bad" neighborhoods can be across the street from each other, separated by 50 feet.

18. mrhutch

wandering around town is not being in shelter.

The town may be the location of A shelter, but it is not THE shelter. If you are on the streets, you are not in shelter. If I lived in that area, I would assume anyone i didn't recognize - white, black, brown, whatever - wandering around on an otherwise abandoned street after a natural disaster was up to no good. There is nothing to gain from aimlessly walking around an abandoned town with heavy storm damage unless you're looking for something to pick up/steal.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  19. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

. "My uncle was very excited that it was a free-for-all–white against black–that he could participate in," says the woman. "For him, the opportunity to hunt black people was a joy."

This is not protecting against looters.

20. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Still some small-minded racist hate going on from all sides, mainly perpetuated by the media, politics, professors, "pastors," ect.

I've noticed more what I felt like was hate coming from people of a different color of mine for no reason lately, and I know that is because I've been hanging out in more 99 percent minority places and communities lately. I've had racist things said to me lately I've never experienced in my whole life.

Yep, there were probably some racist down there who enjoyed having open season on blacks, no denying it. If the tables were turned, I have no doubt the same would be done to whites.

When SHTF things like this happen.

The racist Black Panthers still need to take note the next time they are ranting and raving about murdering and killing their white oppressors. 13 percent of the population last I checked. A lot of white honkeys out in the middle of nowhere still have a lot of guns for sure, too. Some of those honkeys can shoot crap from a long way off, too. Best leave those types to keep on living their life the way they want and walk the other way if you have bad intentions.

Its really sad there are so many small-minded people left in this world, as best I can figure about 10 percent of the US population isn't. If crap hit the fan, I still see a bunch of small-minded people doing a bunch of small-minded crap to each other. You know the government wants to keep us divided and hating each other, because if we ever figured out who the real crininals and thieves are, they are in a lot of trouble, that's all I'm saying. Keeping us divided is for THEIR benefit, not ours.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016