Karma? Good aim? Bad ammo? For sure it sucks to be him

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by pro2am, Sep 5, 2007.

1. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I've always liked happy endings. One less dirt bag.

2. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

That would be whats called Millimeter wave counter battery radar. Either that or someone saw him setting up and called it in. Modern Indirect Fire systems can hit within 1-2 meters on average.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

That's awesome!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What type of artillery would they have called in? The causality radius doesn't seem like it would be small enough to not take out the cameraman...

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Who says the cameraman was American?

7. Marikhal

Marikhal Guest

Wasn't artillery - looks like a 60mm mortar that was shot at the position by an indirect fire infantryman team.

Don't quote me on that, though. :p

edit: or it looks like his mortar detonated on him. :p

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

From the looks of it, it seemed to just knock the camera over. Maybe I'm just weird.

9. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Looks to me like his tube exploded on him. If not that was some perfect timing by indirect artillery fire.

10. AV8R

AV8R Banned

:lol: :lol: :lol: Farggin bastage.

11. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I'm pretty sure the camera man got hit as well, as indicated by the dropping of the camera. There's a strong possibilty that enough of the camera survived intact to recover the video.

This is not unusual, some where in my archives, I've got a set of pictures from two cameras photographing the demolishion of a bridge. One camera catches the incoming ejecta that will result in it demise. The other camera, while flying through the air as a result of the pressure wave, it captures the first camera being ripped apart... shortly before itself comes apart. All that survived (from both cameras) were the memory cards.

12. M249

M249 New Member

LOLOL!!!

Allah o' <KABOOM>

It looks like the round exploded in the tube. If you pay close attention, the center of the blast was at the base of the tube.

If that was counter battery fire, it would probably be something bigger than a 60mm, and at a minimum, 88mm.

I'm glad I wasn't an 11C. :spartan:

13. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I'm guessing he was on the receiving end of someone pissed off he was shooting at them!

Not nice...

One less raghead to worry about.

OK, I'm sorry. Not a very PC comment.

The wonderful story about one martyr who sacrificed his life supporting the religion of peace so he could meet the 72 virgins he wouldn't have a chance with in real life.... :)

What a loser!!!

14. merlock

merlock Active Member

15. Claire

Claire New Member

happy endings are good :lol: :lol: