Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
That would be whats called Millimeter wave counter battery radar. Either that or someone saw him setting up and called it in. Modern Indirect Fire systems can hit within 1-2 meters on average.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
What type of artillery would they have called in? The causality radius doesn't seem like it would be small enough to not take out the cameraman...
Who says the cameraman was American?

·
Registered
164 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
What type of artillery would they have called in? The causality radius doesn't seem like it would be small enough to not take out the cameraman...
Wasn't artillery - looks like a 60mm mortar that was shot at the position by an indirect fire infantryman team.

Don't quote me on that, though. :p

edit: or it looks like his mortar detonated on him. :p

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
I'm pretty sure the camera man got hit as well, as indicated by the dropping of the camera. There's a strong possibilty that enough of the camera survived intact to recover the video.

This is not unusual, some where in my archives, I've got a set of pictures from two cameras photographing the demolishion of a bridge. One camera catches the incoming ejecta that will result in it demise. The other camera, while flying through the air as a result of the pressure wave, it captures the first camera being ripped apart... shortly before itself comes apart. All that survived (from both cameras) were the memory cards.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
LOLOL!!!

Allah o' <KABOOM>

It looks like the round exploded in the tube. If you pay close attention, the center of the blast was at the base of the tube.

If that was counter battery fire, it would probably be something bigger than a 60mm, and at a minimum, 88mm.

I'm glad I wasn't an 11C. :spartan:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I'm guessing he was on the receiving end of someone pissed off he was shooting at them!

Not nice...

One less ******* to worry about.

OK, I'm sorry. Not a very PC comment.

The wonderful story about one martyr who sacrificed his life supporting the religion of peace so he could meet the 72 virgins he wouldn't have a chance with in real life.... :)

What a loser!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts