Kansas Gov Takes Ma Deuce to Parade

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Nemo, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I think I could support this guy for governor.

Nemo

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...r-riding-jeep-with-replica-gun-at-parade.html

Go read the rest of the article, some people interviewed are freaking out.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Kobach may not be backing down but the city is apologizing for his lack of "feels."

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Absolutely amazing how far to the snowflake this country has gone in such a short time. I grew up watching 4th of July and Veterans Day parades with tons of weapons (none of which were announced to be "mock") and everyone cheered. Now we have panty-waists complaining about a "mock" Ma-Duece on a jeep in a parade ...in Kansas!

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

What is the " Shawnee Old Days" festival, anyway?
    Is it patriotic?
    Strictly about local history or culture?
    Maybe it's not the right kind of parade to celebrate weapons of war, like heavy machineguns.

Now, Independence Day is exactly the kind of holiday where any parade should welcome a display of weapons or military vehicles.

I saw military Jeeps with MaDeuce and M60 machineguns on them at the Fourth of July parade in Marietta for the last few years.

And another Jeep with a mounted belt-fed machinegun (Browning M1919) was at the car show in Cumming last summer.

Attached Files:

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

It's a suburb of Kansas City.
    Apparently they have a reputation of being "light in their loafers" over there.

Scene from Blazing Saddles (1974). NSFW. Slim Pickins is rather profane in his vernacular.

6. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

And that's all that's needed......just offend the snowflakes eh.
    What if the next guy parades with TWO fake 50 cal's and there is twice the outrage? Automatically vote for that guy?

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The man with the Jeep is a Republican running for Governor. The ONLY complaint I can find is from a politically active leftist preacher from a local religious left church that supports Democrat political candidates openly.

He complained that there were "audible gasps" from the children in the crowd, who were traumatized. Does this even strike any of you are realistic?

It was just a Democrat taking a cheap shot at a Republican. Period. Political BS.

8. Malum Prohibitum

The link to the lefty preacher's comment is broken now (probably taken down). The Facebook page of the "church" has glowing recommendations from persons with a "partner" and how accepting they are, compared to other churches which have "stipulations," probably meaning Biblical teachings.

"What if church was FOR everyone? Believers, nonbelievers & questioning believers. Children. Seniors. Whatever your politics. Married, single, gay & straight. Everyone is welcome here. Join us on Sunday at 9 or 10:30 am"

Got the picture, now?

9. Malum Prohibitum

"Last night we enjoyed a Ramadan dinner with our friends from the Dialogue Institute of Kansas City! Thank you!"

"Tomorrow we finish our series, The Gospel According to Mr. Rogers. Invite a friend & we will see you at 9:00 or 10:30 am!"

"A church for ALL people located in western Shawnee, KS. Partners in ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)."

It is very disturbing to me how far that group, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has fallen since the 19th Century, and that fall has been accelerating in the last 40 years or so, to the extent that it is not even recognizable for what it was in the late 1970s. Has the Bible changed since the late 1970s?

10. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

No.The Bat Feces crazies reading it have changed.

11. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

[​IMG]

12. moe mensale

Those were gasps of amazement, admiration and wonderment. Which is what kids do when they see something they like. The only ones traumatized were the pastor and the city administration snowflakes.

13. moe mensale

It's a festival marking the start of the summer season. Shows of patriotism take many forms, don't they? It seems only some leftist pastor got offended.

https://www.oldshawneedays.org/Parade

14. moe mensale

Yeah, another muslim "dialogue" front to show the locals that Islam is all about love and peace. With the unspoken (but well understood by the muslims) caveat that conversion to Islam is a prerequisite. The comments made me puke a little in my mouth. People are so stupid. And gullible.

http://dialoguekc.org/about-us/

Why even bother? :shakehead:

15. moe mensale

You don't get around much if you think "Kansas City faggots" is rather profane. :panic:

16. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Not even remotely.

17. moe mensale

Kobach is the Sec of State, not the Governor. Yet.

18. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

[​IMG]