Kahr PM9 opinions

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by glockgirl, Mar 11, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

so I went to the gun show this weekend and finally got to handle a Kahr PM9. I am thinking of getting one for my primary carry gun. I have a G19 now and I love it but I want something smaller. I have small hands and since us girls tend to wear tighter jeans than you guys I need a small gun.

I can't find anywhere to rent a PM9 so I am relying on ya'lls opinions.

if you don't like the PM9 please give me some more suggestions.

2. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

I have one, it's not a bad little gun. It fires every time I pull the trigger. I found the recoil to be a bit much but it's probably because of it's weight. I have trouble keeping a tight grouping which I attribute to the DA trigger. It's put together well and breaks down easily.

I moved up to a 45 so I might be interested in selling it. PM me if you are interested. You can try before you buy.

3. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I've got a new P9 and I'm loving it so far. The trigger will take a little getting used to, especially if you really like the Glock trigger (which is what I learned to shoot on). Is well put together, easy to tear down and clean, ammo is cheap and available. Try it, before you buy it though (not to discourage).

4. tony218

tony218 New Member

have you looked at the new s&w m&p's
    they have a compact 9mm & 40 cal.

i don't know how to link it.
    www.smith-wesson.com

also, malum they are now making a .45 for you real men

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Here is the direct link to the S&W M&P line of pistols.

http://tinyurl.com/y8he4c

BTW when Tony218 let me shoot his M&P I was thoroughly impressed. It is a nice pistol.

6. tony218

tony218 New Member

thanks ramm, i'm very computer stupid.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

No prob.

Hey, with the M&Ps how user friendly are they for someone who likes to work on their own gun?

8. tony218

tony218 New Member

very user friendly
    www.burwellgunsmithing.com
    has complete instuctions for just about anything
    you would want to do.
    also check out
    www.mp-pistol.com for any questions you may have.
    this site is almost as good as georgiapacking.org
    different subject of coarse

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Thanks for the links Tony.

10. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I have a PM9. It would definitely be good for someone with small hands; easier to hold than a Glock.

The recoil can be tricky, but I think that'll be true of any little gun that is 9mm or larger. It's not as hard to handle as my G27, but I'm not sure that's a helpful comparison for you. You can be certain it will be more challenging to fire accurately than your G19.

You should shoot one if you can, esp if you have never fired a gun where you're pinkie doesn't fit on the grip. They do have extended mags that give you a place for your pinkie. I actually prefer the 6 round mags for the PM9; aside from being making the overall size smaller, I shoot better with them.

I actually ordered some new sights for my PM9 this weekend; delayed gratification is for the birds.

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Im considering the P40 from Kahr it was very light and small and is what i am lookng for in a carry gun....i will be intrested in how the recoil will be so far i have been unable to find someone that has one i can shoot before i buy.

12. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

recoil in the P9 is very light, and I am able to get back on target very quickly. I don't know about the P40, since I have no experience with it. It should probably be very manageable, since these guns sit very low in the hand.

13. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Have one and like it

I recently bought a PM9 and I like it. I do have some accuracy problems with it, but I suspect they are because of poor control *before* the striker finds the primer. The recoil is not nearly what I had expected it to be, nor was it unmanageable for my 105lb date once she got the hang of a handgun (she had previously only shot M-16's :D ) The recoil is light enough that I almost wish I had bought the PM40 at times.

Not sure where you are in the State, but you're welcomed to shoot mine if you'd like to see how it fits you. I live downtown but frequent Buford and Kennesaw.