Kahr Arms

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by luke0927, Feb 18, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

anyone own any Karh handguns i held a .40 caliber this weekend it felt really good for a carry subcompact....i want to find a place that has one i can shoot but wondered if anyone hand any and how you felt about the reliablity wise etc....i was reading around on the web and it all seemed to be postivie about them.

thanks.

2. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I have a PM9. I bought it back in July. I've had no problems with it. I considered the PM40, but I was afraid the recoil might be too sharp. I have a G27 and I find it can be a bit tricky to handle; same caliber in a smaller gun didn't seem like the right decision for me.

BTW, I've decided I don't like the extended mag for this gun. I think I shoot better without it, unlike the the mag extensions on my G27. Then again its probably a consistency thing; all my G27 mags have extensions.

EDIT: I added an Agrip grip cover since I took this picture.

[​IMG]

3. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

my wife carries a Kahr arms CW9... she loves it and wont even carry my glock when given the choice. i put on a pierce extension on both magazines and an AGRIP. she loves it. as for my preference.... i think the trigger pull is too looooonnnnnnngggggg on it. i like my Glock. i suggest you try to shoot one before you buy it . but it is a good gun.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

geaux_tigers, how many rounds does the PM9 hold in the magazine?

And if you don't mind me asking...how much did it cost?

5. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

i think they are 6 + 1 but you can get an extended with 7 + 1.......

do you think the recoil of a .40 would be pretty bad. I also havn't been able to find if you can put a laser sight on it? anyone know?

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

6+1 and 7+1 are correct; my preference is the 6 round mag because of the extra clearance it allows.

Dunno about laser; never looked into it.

As far as recoil, I think its a personal preference/comfort/capability issue. I was not comfortable spending $500 on a gun this small in .40 without being able to shoot it first. I have a Glock 27 and I find its a bit snappy (I've heard that's why you can find more used G27s for sale than G26s); I added grip extensions to my mags and an Agrip.

7. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

$500 used. I may have been able to get a better deal, but didn't feel like waiting.