Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AG62O20101117

Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, 36, a Tanzanian from Zanzibar, had been accused of conspiring in the 1998 al Qaeda bomb attacks on U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania that killed 224 people. The jury found him guilty of one relatively minor charge of conspiracy to damage or destroy U.S. property with explosives.
This administration is about as jacked up as a football bat...

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's absolutely stupid that this man was acquitted for killing hundreds of people, but from a practical standpoint, the one crime he was convicted of still carries a minimum of twenty years in prison and a maximum of life without parole. Of course, Obama's final act on January 20th, 2013, will probably be a full pardon for this scumbag Muslim brother of his. So let's just hope he gets murdered before then.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
mb90535im said:
Apparently accused <> guilty. Imagine that.
Weird.

When I read "conspiracy to damage or destroy U.S. property with explosives", my first thought was that you could get twenty years for blowing up a penny with a firecracker.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,493 Posts
He shoulda been tried in Military court. Long ago.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TimBob said:
He shoulda been [s:2zqyps14]tried in Military court[/s:2zqyps14]shot in the head. Long ago.
FTFY

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,493 Posts
And if he had been tried in a military court that sentence would have already been carried out!

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,493 Posts
samman23 said:
Not if they credit him for time served.
Sometimes I'm not clear with my meaning... What I meant was he would have already been EXECUTED!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
The real problem here is that we are trying this guy as if he is an American citizen. Is he an American citizen? In a Civilian court, he received all the Constitutional rights of an American citizen.

Secondly, whether we like it or not, we are at war with Al Qaeda, and he should have been tried in a military court. I've looked at the public evidence that they had on this guy, and I believe he should have been convicted on more than he was.

There are numerous problems with trying someone like this in a civilian American court.

For one, military have done all the investigations, and then all the sudden we are supposed to treat this as an American civilian law enforcement matter? That doesn't make any bit of sense.

If it is a military investigation, then he should have been tried in a military court.

A lot of evidence that would have proved this man's guilt was not allowed in the civilian court, and it would have been allowed in a military court.

The responsibility for this huge screw up falls right on the shoulder's of Obama and Eric Holder in the DOJ. These liberals believe that trying these war criminals in a civilian court will show to the rest of the world just how compassionate we are to those that hate us and want us all killed. Those that would like to destroy the US and are at war with us.

If anything, it shows the Muslim terrorist that they can kill hundreds or even thousands of people, and barely get a slap on the wrist for it. They will see this as weakness and will only harden their resolve to attack and kill people.

This man should have been put to death just as so many other mass murderers and terrorist have been given. This is a huge travesty.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree with you, EJR. However, we haven't yet screwed the pooch entirely on this one. In January, let's sentence this scumbag to life without parole for the one thing we did nail it on (I'm a practical person, and if he's locked away for ever, I'm only minorly irked by the fact that he got acquitted for most of his sins). And then ditch the civilian court idea.

Obama and Eric the Red and their band of thugs won't have any say in the first task there, but they will in the second, sadly. And I just don't see them giving up on this civilian court idea.

So let's make the next military tribunal special for them! Try them both for treason and throw them away like the anti-American trash that they are.

·
Registered
181 Posts
EJR914 said:
This man should have been put to death just as so many other mass murderers and terrorist have been given. This is a huge travesty.
Actually, I'm going to disagree with you on this one. Yes, I am very conservative, and very much a fan of the death penalty. But in the case of Islamic terrorists who would love to die so they can be seen as martyrs and go do whatever it is they want to do with their 72 virgins, I much prefer life in prison. Ramzi Yousef, Richard Reid, Faisal Shahzad, Zacarias Moussaoui, all those turds got life without the possibility of parole. Ramzi, in particular, is doing his consecutive life sentences in solitary confinement. Personally, I hope he lives for 300 years.

You can find a million terrorists who would gladly die for their idiotic cause. But you find me one guy who would happily risk a punishment of that sort, and I will be very surprised.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
GFLinTX said:
EJR914 said:
Actually, I'm going to disagree with you on this one. Yes, I am very conservative, and very much a fan of the death penalty. But in the case of Islamic terrorists who would love to die so they can be seen as martyrs and go do whatever it is they want to do with their 72 virgins, I much prefer life in prison. Ramzi Yousef, Richard Reid, Faisal Shahzad, Zacarias Moussaoui, all those turds got life without the possibility of parole. Ramzi, in particular, is doing his consecutive life sentences in solitary confinement. Personally, I hope he lives for 300 years.

You can find a million terrorists who would gladly die for their idiotic cause. But you find me one guy who would happily risk a punishment of that sort, and I will be very surprised.
My problem with not giving this guy death for all his war crimes, is that he may not get life during sentencing, especially with Obama and Eric at the helm.

Secondly, even if he does get life, or a less than life sentence, he could still be forgiven by a liberal president or he can finish out his sentence, and once released, he can go right back to killing people and attacking Americans again. I like my terrorist dead. I don't care if they see him as a martyr or not.

They put Timothy McVeigh to death, and he killed less people than this guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts