Just want to tell everyone good bye....

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gruntpain1775, Jan 3, 2011.

1. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

In case you never hear from me again......

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=136401

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/T ... px?rss=315

The above about the birds, really weird. Papers are reporting they are cleaned up, negative. There are still a metric ton of them laying all over the place. Reports are also saying that it was limited to an area about a mile in diameter. Wrong again, they are all over the town. I'm not to far from that town, out in the country and there are a few here and there out my way. I'm not tin foil hating, but it is pretty weird.

2. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

hard hat area??? lol

3. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

I have a cousin that lives in the town with the sudden bird problem, he said it was sickening thuds while the birds fell. He said he was driving and it was like it was raining dead birds.

4. moga

moga New Member

Man! That's some weird Alfred Hitchcock type stuff right there. I think I'd be headed for the backyard bunker and loading mags right now if I were you.

:lol:

5. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

PM me the combination to your gun safe and relevant bank ID information. When the area is clear for humans again, I want to come get all your stuff.....you won't be needin' it from the looks of things....

6. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Just as long as you also get the dead fish and dead bird from the deep freeze and have them tested.

And I emptied the safe and bank accounts last night. Bring a metal detector and a good shovel.

7. hkdave

hkdave New Member

8. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I saw the title and thought you had your panties in a wad. :eek:

Yeah I saw something about the bird kill in the news and thought about you. I would say the EPA will be looking around there for sure.

9. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I will bring a backhoe if I need to bury YOU and the stupid birds....they were killed by lighting, havn't you been watching the news???

10. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Redefining the role of law enforcement going above and beyond - I like it!

11. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Don't know if the EPA will, but Game and Fish is sure busy. Although, no one around here is to confident in the the answers the Game and Fish folks give. The Enforcement Officers need to hang up their guns and start running the Commission, cause they are the only ones who have a brain in that group. They do their job top notch. The gomers in the suits though.....

People (including me) have been reporting seeing panthers out in the woods. Our Game and Fish biologist and other ologists in their commission swear up and down there are none in the State, and if one is spotted it is probably a loose pet. But that is a whole different thread, point being we don't much like our game and fish. They have some serious leadership problems.

12. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Firecrackers sheriff. Killed by firecrackers.

13. mountainpass

link

14. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

That's the explanation offered on some Atlanta radio news station the other day--- that the noise of fireworks and celebratory gunfire SCARED the little birdies to death. Gave 'em heart attacks and seizures and knocked them right out of the air.

Now, funny thing is I've been bird hunting and I've killed a bird out of the middle of a flock of them before, and the others never seemed too concerned about having one of their wingmen explode into a pile of feathers and shattered limbs right next to them. They just keep on truckin' while their companion goes down in flames.

But then, I wasn't hunting starlings either.

When I was a kid I would shoot starlings out of trees and off power lines with a pellet gun, and the only birds that I ever saw drop were the ones I hit. Never had one bird get hit and both he and his panicked buddy come plopping to the pavement.

15. mountainpass

Good point and if noise was gonna do it I'd have more than a couple of birds out of all the boxes I shot to show for it.

The hunting was fair, but the shooting was Fantastic!

16. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

This flock that they are all coming from is a huge flock. When it flies over it usually takes 5-7 minutes for the whole flock to pass by. I have had these exact type of birds fill up seemingly every branch in every tree in my yard, and the racket they made was nerve grating. So I walked outside with the shotty and sent a blast into my pond bank, they took off. Didn't run into each other or freak out and die, they just flew off.

I'm not buying the fireworks or load noise thing.

17. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

I heard it was possibly high level hail since they seemed to have injuries like that.

18. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

there were no storms, rain or the like in this area at the time. Wasn't even really cloudy. And there was no hail on the ground.

19. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Ya'll got some LOUD firecrackers up there...killed the birds AND the fish.....

Nothing to see here, move along......