Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both sides agreed that Salib had been issued a written warning for the ribbon and told he was free to go, but before he could leave the officer re-approached and asked for permission to search the vehicle.

"I told him, 'sure,'" said Salib on the stand. "I didn't think I had anything to hide."

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
According to the prosecution, the knife was an illegal offensive weapon, a charge explained by ADA Flynn as 'an implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.'

"The defense will try to convince you this knife is a tool," Flynn told the jurors, "but I'll leave it up to you to decide for yourselves." The knife in question is made in the battle hawk style, meaning it has two curved blades which fold into the grip and a spike in the middle. (An image of the knife in question accompanies this article.) It was a wicked-looking piece of hardware which, according to the defense, had a very specific purpose.

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the end, the disparities between the prosecution's and defense's explanations for Salib's behavior were enough to give the jury reasonable doubt. And Judge Harold Thompson, in his closing remarks, agreed with them.

. . .

A full exoneration, however, was not enough for Salib; he also had to have the last word. On the way out of the courtroom, Trooper Horan, who had stayed to watch the verdict read, nodded to the defendant.

Salib looked him straight in the eye. "Crooked cop," he said, before walking out.
http://www.wayneindependent.com/article ... /news2.txt

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Pulled over for an illegal ribbon hanging from his mirror? WTF over. Evidently ass clownery has reached new heights in Pennsylvannia.

Son asks "What'd you do today daddy?"
Dad replies "I pulled over a punk with an illegal mirror ribbon, son."
Son exclaims "Way to go dad!"

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
You would be in similar trouble in Georgia if instead of the back seat it was found under the seat.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Pennsylvania is well known for this nonsense.

As many of you may know, I am in the SCA (http://www.sca.org), a huge international Medieval Re-enactment group. Each year, in August, about 10,000 SCA folks gather near Butler, PA for "Pennsic", a week long Medieval War, complete with encampments, merchant areas, classes, archery, fencing, and medieval fighting.

The site issues a rear-view mirror parking tag. Which, you *must* have there to prove you paid, etc.

The PA cops just love to sit a quarter mile from the site, especially on the last day of, and pull people over and cite them for having something (the tag) hanging from their rear-view mirror...because most folks forget to take them off as they leave the site.

Crooked, indeed...

·
Registered
684 Posts
what kind of ribbon is illegal?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
A full exoneration, however, was not enough for Salib; he also had to have the last word. On the way out of the courtroom, Trooper Horan, who had stayed to watch the verdict read, nodded to the defendant.

Salib looked him straight in the eye. "Crooked cop," he said, before walking out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts