Just picked up a S&W M&P 9C for the GF

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Suprman, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Suprman

Suprman New Member

well we took the GF to Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range last night and decided to join the range and used the $50 over invoice benefit to get her a new S&W M&P 9C. I'm excited to have a new toy in the house to play with.

gonna spend some time tomorrow reading over the paper work, but is there anything I should know about the M&P? being a glock guy, most things should transfer over but if there is anything i should know about em, please inform me!

2. 70755

70755 Guest

I have a M&P40c and love it. Shoots very well and fits well in my hand. I think you (she) will likely be pleased with it. It's a clean and very straightfoward gun. Nice design. Did you get the version w/o the manual saftey (Glock style) or with one? Just curious.

3. Suprman

Suprman New Member

they only had the manual saftey version in stock, so we picked it up. at first i wasn't happy with the manual safty, but i have to remember this is not my gun and is the GF first gun, so i think it was a blessing in disguise.

i field stripped it tonight and familiarized myself more with the gun, alot more involved then a glock, but not too bad. should work good as a entry level gun.

4. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Try out all the different backstraps before shooting to see which one fits the best. Then if there are problems at the range, don't be reluctant to change to a different backstrap. Just because it feels right, doesn't mean it's the best fit for her hand.

Also, the "spongy" feel and the reset of the trigger can be improved with a DIY trigger job or a drop-in trigger kit by Apex Tactical.