Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to oc in walmart.but i don't want to break the law either.so is it legal to open carry,and can they say anything?

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
If you have your GFL/GWL or are Mil/LEO exempt, then yes it is legal to OC. Walmart has been mentioned several times here as preferring CC. But you must leave if asked to by management or you will face criminal trespass charges.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
As long as you are legal to carry, then you are perfectly legal to carry in Walmart. Most Walmarts are use to people OCing, but there are a few that prefer CC. If you are asked to cover up you have two choices, cover up or leave.

For your other journeys you need to understand that no-weapons signs hold no legal weight in Georgia, but Property rights are just as valid as Gun rights. You can carry in a business that post a no-carry sign, but if you are asked to leave you must do so. It's no different than if they don't like the color of your shoes. If you do not leave when asked, then you can be charged for trespassing.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I've OC'd in Wal-Mart just because I hadn't planned on going there, and only had my OWB on me, and my shirt wouldn't cover it, I never had a problem.

I've also lazily concealed carry OWB, usually putting a long shirt over it, or jacket while walking around inside Wal-Mart.

I usually try to conceal IWB if I know for a fact I'm heading into Wal-Mart, but I've never actually read where they prefer CC in their policy, I've just heard from other people that they prefer it. I don't even know if that's true, because I've never read their policy.

I say carry however you want when you head to Wal-Mart. If management or security come up to you and ask you to leave, you must leave immediately. Don't even look back. Just tell them you're leaving and get off the property as quickly as you can in an orderly fashion.

If they ask you to cover it up, you've got two choices, cover it up and stay, or stand for your rights, and walk out in the same manner mentioned above.

Good luck.

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
If asked to leave, be nice, polite and leave. Starting an argument in the store with the employee or manager about your RTKBA is not the thing to do. Be polite and nice even if they are not. Hopefully you will not have an issue. This goes for any other private property you may be on throughout your day.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
EJR914 said:
I've OC'd in Wal-Mart just because I hadn't planned on going there, and only had my OWB on me, and my shirt wouldn't cover it, I never had a problem.

I've also lazily concealed carry OWB, usually putting a long shirt over it, or jacket while walking around inside Wal-Mart.

I usually try to conceal IWB if I know for a fact I'm heading into Wal-Mart, but I've never actually read where they prefer CC in their policy, I've just heard from other people that they prefer it. I don't even know if that's true, because I've never read their policy.

I say carry however you want when you head to Wal-Mart. If management or security come up to you and ask you to leave, you must leave immediately. Don't even look back. Just tell them you're leaving and get off the property as quickly as you can in an orderly fashion.

If they ask you to cover it up, you've got two choices, cover it up and stay, or stand for your rights, and walk out in the same manner mentioned above.

Good luck.
FIFY :lol:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
tmoore912 said:
If asked to leave, be nice, polite and leave. Starting an argument in the store with the employee or manager about your RTKBA is not the thing to do. Be polite and nice even if they are not. Hopefully you will not have an issue. This goes for any other private property you may be on throughout your day.
Do not hesitate. Leave the cart in the aisle.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:lol: I had a good laugh about that. Thanks for pointing that out. :D

I agree, leave the cart in the aisle, and hopefully it will be full of frozen goods, or just goods from all over the store. :D

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Aberk said:
But you must leave if asked to by management or you will face criminal trespass charges.
Don't wait on the actual manager to tell you to leave. Leave if ANYONE working there asks you to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts