Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so apparently, im being punished by the government for having a job, busting my butt to support my family, and not being a leach to society. i pay in nearly 10k in taxes last year, and just got a letter today saying they wanna garnish my wages for more.

maybe i should just quit my job, and become a sorry, worthless leach, and abuse every single government program available so i can get some money back at tax time every year like my sister (who doesnt work and doesnt pay a dime of taxes) does.

·
Registered
674 Posts
270sniper said:
so apparently, im being punished by the government for having a job, busting my butt to support my family, and not being a leach to society. i pay in nearly 10k in taxes last year, and just got a letter today saying they wanna garnish my wages for more.

maybe i should just quit my job, and become a sorry, worthless leach, and abuse every single government program available so i can get some money back at tax time every year like my sister (who doesnt work and doesnt pay a dime of taxes) does.
Yea, but then you would lose your dignity... I use to think that it was "patriotic" to pay all taxes required but it seems more and more that it's a system that rewards the none productive (able bodied bums, and some wallstreet fatcat loser who want more "bailouts" etc), if you know certain people and made of money, there are lots of tax loop holes... but for "everyone else" you better pay up because you can't qualify for these loophole tax breaks. Look on that tax cheating bum who now runs the US treasury, head of the IRS, Timmy boy... that loser gets away cheating the system, but if it where you, you could lose your property etc... the system is unjust and is to become even MORE unjust will the new "Obama care" law... yup, they sure do care about you.

It's like we are living back in a monarchy or something 100s of years ago, where the "noble class" pay virtually nothing but the "pesant" class, merchants etc pay up...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
270sniper said:
maybe i should just quit my job, and become a sorry, worthless leach, and abuse every single government program available so i can get some money back at tax time every year
You're going into politics?

:hide:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mpc said:
270sniper said:
maybe i should just quit my job, and become a sorry, worthless leach, and abuse every single government program available so i can get some money back at tax time every year
You're going into politics?

:hide:
lol may as well :lol:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Do you have any kids or dependents (humans)? A mortgage by any chance? Good itemized deductions?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
270 sorry to hear that you don;t already pay them enough. Fact is they want more and more from those who actualy pay to make up for the sorry losers who don't ever pay. Do your best to keep it between the lines my friend. I'm pretty sure we will get the shaft this year too..

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TippinTaco said:
Fact is they want more and more from those who actualy pay to make up for the sorry losers who don't ever pay. Do your best to keep it between the lines my friend. I'm pretty sure we will get the shaft this year too..
i guess they think that i wake every morning and say to myself "its a great day to go to work so that i can pay taxes so others dont have to". when in reality its more like "well, it sucks going to work today. i sure would like that extra 600 a week those greedy bastards are stealing from me and giving to lasheeka so she can stay at the house and smoke some dope and make another kid".

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,312 Posts
Every responsible American needs two jobs.
The main job at 40 hours a week to support yourself and your family.
Then you need another part-time job for 15-20 additional hours per week just pay for all the big brother government we have and the many social programs.
That way other people can NOT WORK and stay home and collect checks, because you're funding this through your second job.

TODAY is ELECTION DAY. DON'T VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS !!!!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Dang man, I'm really sorry to hear that. That's been happening to a lot of hard working people from what I've heard. The IRS is going around turning people upside down and shaking out their pockets for the last few pieces of change that they have in order to try and help pay down this GINORMOUS debt that our politicians have left us with.

Just another great part of living in the U.S., the land of the free. Or maybe we should start seeing it as that we pay for our rights, through the IRS. Because if we do not pay the IRS then they will arrest us and take away all of our rights. Makes sense to me.

Better pay the IRS so that you can continue to have your rights or privileges or whatever you want to call them.

But don't worry, keep voting Republican, they'll get us out of this mess! Bwhahhaha! :rotfl2:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
trust me I feel your pain and you're not the only one tired of that crap. The way I look at it is I could at least get a christmas card from the 2+ welfare families I'm supporting

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Get a lawyer.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
smn said:
Get a lawyer.
+1...they tried to shake me down when I closed the hoofcare business. They sent me bills, got calls and more than one threatening letter about garnishment. Turns out I didn't owe them a damn dime. The lawyer I used said "they figure if you paid once you would be willing to pay again without question".. :evil:

·
Registered
880 Posts
mathar1 said:
smn said:
Get a lawyer.
+1...they tried to shake me down when I closed the hoofcare business. They sent me bills, got calls and more than one threatening letter about garnishment. Turns out I didn't owe them a damn dime. The lawyer I used said "they figure if you paid once you would be willing to pay again without question".. :evil:
Isn't that a shocker. That sounds pretty damn criminal to me.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
atlsrt44 said:
The way I look at it is I could at least get a christmas card from the 2+ welfare families I'm supporting
werd. it should be required.... atleast send me a pic of them stoned out of their mind on the drugs my tax money bought for them........

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sirkut said:
mathar1 said:
smn said:
Get a lawyer.
Isn't that a shocker. That sounds pretty damn criminal to me.
i would call it "theft by deception".

·
69,149 Posts
I have been in a fight with the IRS over $4,000 they claim I owe from 2008. I do not owe it. They send a letter stating that they think I owe it. If I agree, then I am to sign a paper and enclose payment. If I disagree, then I am to explain why. So I explain why and enclose all of the documentation and send it.

Two months later, I receive a letter stating that they think I owe this money. The letter asks that if I agree, then I am to sign a paper and enclose payment. If I disagree, then I am to explain why . . .

:x

So I explain it again in much more basic (some might say condescending) terms, and I attach my previous letter and documents. I am still waiting to hear back, but when I do, I am going to pull my hair out if they send the same stupid form letter asking me to either agree, sign, and pay, or explain why I disagree.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I have been in a fight with the IRS over $4,000 they claim I owe from 2008. I do not owe it. They send a letter stating that they think I owe it. If I agree, then I am to sign a paper and enclose payment. If I disagree, then I am to explain why. So I explain why and enclose all of the documentation and send it.

Two months later, I receive a letter stating that they think I owe this money. The letter asks that if I agree, then I am to sign a paper and enclose payment. If I disagree, then I am to explain why . . .

So I explain it again in much more basic (some might say condescending) terms, and I attach my previous letter and documents. I am still waiting to hear back, but when I do, I am going to pull my hair out if they send the same stupid form letter asking me to either agree, sign, and pay, or explain why I disagree.
I had the same problem over a stock sale a few years back. I responded to them twice, explaining that capital LOSSES meant I didn't have to pay taxes on the profits - since there weren't any. I got a third letter so I called. The customer service guy pulled my file, read my letters, lets out a disgusted comment about his coworkers, and told me I was OK. He sent me an official letter clearing the dispute.

Overall it took about 6 months.

·
Registered
126 Posts
[sarcasm]This why I love Obama. He's like a modern day Robin Hood. Steal from the rich, give to the poor.[/sarcasm]

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
RickN said:
Malum Prohibitum said:

I had the same problem over a stock sale a few years back. I responded to them twice, explaining that capital LOSSES meant I didn't have to pay taxes on the profits - since there weren't any. I got a third letter so I called. The customer service guy pulled my file, read my letters, lets out a disgusted comment about his coworkers, and told me I was OK. He sent me an official letter clearing the dispute.

Overall it took about 6 months.
I too had a similar issue, but luckily they received my letter the first time and sent me a letter releasing me from paying. All this after a trip to visit one of there local offices. I sat for 2 hours only to be told that what I need to know was on a pamphlet in the lobby...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:

This is why my CPA loves me. Almost as much as the Mercedes I bought her. After 14 years, I'm working on her Aspen ski lodge. I've been bald for quite a while. :righton:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts