Just bought my first AR can i carry it in my car or is that illegal?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Eruiz, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Eruiz

Eruiz New Member

I've just bought my rifle an entry level ar15 but im confused as to wether or not im allowed to have it in my car i do have my Carry permit

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Welcome to GPDO.

I'd say you're fine. :D

IANAL

3. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

A Georgia Weapons Carry License is for handguns and knives of a certain length, not long guns (rifles).

4. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

5. Eruiz

Eruiz New Member

6. phaed

phaed Active Member

congrats on your barbie. time to accessorize, just don't overdo it.

7. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

Just a reminder - different States have different firearms laws. I do not know what would happen if you took a trip outside of the Free State of Georgia and had this in your car.

8. Casual User

Casual User Member

I carry mine in my truck all the the time when I'm going to and returning from the range. I Don't like leaving firearms in a vehicle on a permanent basis, or even overnight, even in a locked trunk. Considering how popular vehicle break in's are these days.

9. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

I'm officially in love...:love:

11. Eruiz

Eruiz New Member

I do want accessories nothing major maybe a free float barrel with a quad rail that way i can attach a ghost gun to make my ar have the ability with a 30 caliber clip to disperse 30 bullets in half a second, 30 magazine clip in half a second.and a barrel shroud that goes up to accept bullets with an incendiary at the tip to make it heat seeking and more magazines because as we all know once the bullets have been shot and if i don't have extra there may not be anymore available.����������
    But seriously i don't want much i just want a free float barrel,red dot sight to help me since I'm cross eye dominant, and extra mags. Now as for keeping it in my trunk for now is my option because i do have two boys that although I've raised them around my handgun which they know is always at my side or secured and they never bother with it or about it but ikeep it secured at all times anyway. As I don't have a big enough safe for the rifle yet and I've disabled the button to open the trunk without a key i won't keep it inside my home unsecured

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  12. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

It is fetching. Doesnt look very practical.

13. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

Troll account?

14. phaed

phaed Active Member

lol, i think he was kidding. new dude has a sense of humor.

15. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Sure seems he was quoting a few democratic anti-gun politicians. Remember the one who complained about the little thingie that goes up and should be outlawed? Or the other one why said just outlaw magazines because once there were shot and emptied they could not be refilled.

The lower photo in post #9 above is overly accessorized. But only with the Swiss Army Knife. He has it pointed the wrong way. If it were set up as a bayonet it would be fine. But the bad angle makes it over the line.

Just be careful to get the right angle so yours does not go over the line.

Nemo

16. Eruiz

Eruiz New Member

Thank you I'm glad to hear we can take a serious subject and discuss, and all the while have fun with it too as for the guy thinking I was trolling, no i was just responding to the guy joking about my new "barbie"

17. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I looked carefully, but couldn't find the big rig air horn on that thing. What gives? :lol:

18. Feral

Feral Active Member

Get a gun lock. Like the ones that come with all new firearms. Or maybe a trigger lock. Then it can be "secure" in your home and not in your vehicle. Just keep the key on yourself.

Cheap but effective way of keeping prying hands from chambering a round or pulling the trigger.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Perfectly legal, Eruiz, but a damn good way to make sure it gets stolen.