Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Well Aged Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Jury finds reporter, Rolling Stone responsible for defaming U-Va. dean with gang rape story.

CHARLOTTESVILLE â€" A federal court jury decided Friday that a Rolling Stone journalist defamed a former University of Virginia associate dean in a 2014 magazine article about sexual assault on campus that included a debunked account of a fraternity gang rape.

The 10 member jury concluded that the Rolling Stone reporter, Sabrina Rubin Erdely, was responsible for defamation, with actual malice"...

More at the link...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f407fa-a1e8-11e6-a44d-cc2898cfab06_story.html

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,911 Posts
Win against SJW and radical feminist

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Another way of looking at it:

http://www.returnofkings.com/100278...rdely-and-rolling-stone-liable-for-defamation

Because of Coakley's limited financial position, and the respect even outed sexual assault frauds are given, Eramo is legally pursuing only Rubin Erdely, Rolling Stone, and Wenner Media for the $7.5 million. Nevertheless, Eramo's attempts to portray herself as a victim are troubling. She was, after all, UVA's go-to college administrator for handling "sexual violence" cases, a euphemism for the organizer of what are basically kangaroo courts.
And more . . .

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
She was, after all, UVA's go-to college administrator for handling "sexual violence" cases, a euphemism for the organizer of what are basically kangaroo courts.
I think this is a much larger problem than folks would like to admit. Those that hold themselves out as rape victims (maybe, maybe not?) are the ones that run these programs. This, on the surface, may not be a bad deal...but when you bring in folks that might have an axe to grind...well, it can't go well.

It reminds me of the diversity offices that the military have...you know where you have to have annual sensitivity training. I can't remember there EVER being a white male working in one of those offices and they certainly didn't give any of the "diversity" briefings. So, when you are accused of not being "diverse", guess who makes the determination? Yes...someone much more "diverse" than you.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,617 Posts
I'm surprised that the court ruled that an "associate dean of students" is a "public figure" and thus the "actual malice" requirement applies for any allegedly offensive statements about her.

Are all managers and supervisors at a business subject to the "public figure" doctrine?

Maybe it's OK... I'm thinking about when I have a dispute with a business or government agency and I want to say the people I dealt with are incompetent idiots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts