June 17th Defensive Pistol Skills

Discussion in 'Training' started by DonT, May 16, 2017.

1. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Lee Weems (our own legacy38 ) is teaching another class, Defensive Pistol Skills, on June 17th at Red Hill Range in Martin, GA. It looks really good, I'm planning on going.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/defens...tion-courses-tickets-34344670835?ref=wpwidget

This is a bargain at the $100 price, you can secure a space with $50 deposit. $10 range fee to the range the day of class.There is a list of requirements for students to bring. Includes: Defensive pistol, three magazines/loading devices, 350 rounds, carry garment, safety items, good holster.

Lee's website: https://firstpersonsafety.com/

2. StarJack

StarJack Active Member

Thanks for the heads up Don. I might be able to make this class.

3. StarJack

StarJack Active Member

Paid my deposit tonight, and I'm looking forward to the class!

4. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

I might be in for this class...

5. DonT

I'm told this class is getting filled up, so if anyone wants in, they need to jump.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I'm in, and one of my boys is in (been in for a while - I just did not know about this thread until now).

7. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Man, I hate having to work on Saturdays!

8. Malum Prohibitum

So I will see or meet 4 of you GPDO posters? Cool. :cool:

9. rabbivj

DonT and I are carpooling there.

10. Malum Prohibitum

I'll be grabbing breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Commerce exit 149 on the way up if the two of you want to join my son and I.

11. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I missed it until just now. :)

12. Malum Prohibitum

Great course, Lee; You do a great job as an instructor. Liam said he learned a lot, and he had a very good time.

13. DonT

Great course today!

14. Coffee Kid

Coffee Kid Active Member

Great course, enjoyed everything but the heat. It was good to see a nice young man, Liam, doing so well. Look forward to taking more classes with Lee.

15. StarJack

StarJack Active Member

Great Course!

It was a pleasure to meet everyone, and I hope to shoot with you again someday. The course is excellent, and an incredible bargain at $100. You can't get comparable training at twice the price. (Seriously!) Highly recommended to shooters of any skill proficiency.

The safety briefing was followed by a logical progression of steps. Lee and his team ensured everyone had the safety component down, that everyone understood the format of the course, and that everyone followed instructions.
    The assistant trainers (Steve and Steve) were helpful and patient with everyone, and I greatly appreciate the assistance they provided me. (Thank them again for me Lee.)

P.S. And congratulations to Liam, well done young man!

16. DonT

I enjoyed meeting everyone, and it was good to see everyone from GCO and GPDO. Had a great breakfast with Dan Kushner, Ed Stone, and his son Liam. Liam is 13 years old, this was his first formal training, and he did great. In fact, Liam passed the FBI firearms qualification course. Let me echo Starjack's comments, this was a full day of valuable training, for a bargain price. If any of you have a chance to attend one of legacy 38's courses, you need to.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  17. rabbivj

yeah ill echo the rest of the sentiments. the course was a very good reminder of the fundamentals of defensive pistol and the various drills we ran. The qual courses were definitely icing on the cake. I shot better than i thought i would with the quals. It was good to meet Malum and his son, Coffee Kid, Star Jack and the rest of the ppl out there. The skill level was all over the map from ppl who dont get much training to ppl who have had a lot of training. As i have trained with both Chief Weems and with Sparrow Defense (another Oconee County Sheriff Office deputy) they both teach different skill sets and for the most part they compliment each other. I would highly recommend taking any of the courses Chief Weems offers.

18. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Everyone did well. It got a little toasty by the end of the day. ;)