Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
Actually the new mob just sort of took over a little at a time starting in the late 1800's and they're not done yet. Now they have half the voting block in the country working with them.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Actually the new mob just sort of took over a little at a time starting in the late 1800's and they're not done yet. Now they have half the voting block in the country working with them.
That's just the newest mob. There's always been some sort of mob ruling.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The day we traded one mob of thugs for another. I'll pass on the nationalism and state-worship.
state-worship? Hmmm? Speaks volumes that phase does.

I am just glad the framers and founders desired to have a Nation to which they could be loyal and for which they would be willing to fight for.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
You guys are missing the point of Independence day. Our country and our government are not the same thing. If anything, today is anti-state worship day. Well at least for some of us....

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
state-worship? Hmmm? Speaks volumes that phase does.

I am just glad the framers and founders desired to have a Nation to which they could be loyal and for which they would be willing to fight for.
Government is force. Nothing more. Why would I be proud of a mob of thugs?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
You guys are missing the point of Independence day. Our country and our government are not the same thing. If anything, today is anti-state worship day. Well at least for some of us....
True, I understand a nation and government are two different things. However, we only gained independence from one government to be ruled by another.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
True, I understand a nation and government are two different things. However, we only gained independence from one government to be ruled by another.
Tomorrow seems like a good day to fix that. ;)

Seriously though, I think that our founders anticipated that. At least Jefferson did...

·
PawPaw x 3
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Star Spangled Banner like you've never heard it.

(unless of course you've heard/seen this before)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Not much for war stories but I would like to share The day of July 4 1968.

That day arrived with the anticipation of finally leaving Khe Sanh a little hell hole that had been our home for the past several months. We knew what the day was but we were pretty much burned out on fireworks and stuff by then.To get to the point some of the Marines were whining about the point of the Holiday and some of the Marines were whining about their sorry outlook on our Country's history.About that time the Gunny walks up and makes a statement that stuck with me. He said all of you useless pieces of human crap are correct.It is your Holiday to say what you want and believe what you want.That is what Independence Day means. He gave us that look and walked away.
The Gunny was a small man in statue only.We called him the Rock.Twenty three years earlier the Rock was in the first wave that hit the beach on Iwo Jima.
Enjoy your Holiday and remember what the Gunny said.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Tomorrow seems like a good day to fix that. ;)

Seriously though, I think that our founders anticipated that. At least Jefferson did...
Even the Constitution as originally intended is far too restrictive on individuals and gives government far too much power IMO. Granted any power at all is too much as far as I'm concerned. Jefferson talked a big talk, but when it came down to it I don't think he was nearly as libertarian as people make him out to be today.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Excuse me while I go trample, then burn a flag.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
Your link mentions Mr Kuntzman as an editorialist who wants baseball without God Bless America.

He is the some one that claimed shooting an AR bruised his shoulder and gave him PTSD.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Even the Constitution as originally intended is far too restrictive on individuals and gives government far too much power IMO. Granted any power at all is too much as far as I'm concerned....
So what type of organizational structure would you favor, or suggest?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Not much for war stories but I would like to share The day of July 4 1968.

That day arrived with the anticipation of finally leaving Khe Sanh a little hell hole that had been our home for the past several months. We knew what the day was but we were pretty much burned out on fireworks and stuff by then.To get to the point some of the Marines were whining about the point of the Holiday and some of the Marines were whining about their sorry outlook on our Country's history.About that time the Gunny walks up and makes a statement that stuck with me. He said all of you useless pieces of human crap are correct.It is your Holiday to say what you want and believe what you want.That is what Independence Day means. He gave us that look and walked away.
The Gunny was a small man in statue only.We called him the Rock.Twenty three years earlier the Rock was in the first wave that hit the beach on Iwo Jima.
Enjoy your Holiday and remember what the Gunny said.
Thank you for your service, and your story.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts