Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Custom User Title
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Phoenix gun owner that the weapon was traced back to was found to have at least two federal firearms violationsâ€"for selling one weapon illegally and possessing an unregistered automaticâ€"but no enforcement or prosecutorial action was taken against the individual. Instead, ATF leaders went out of their way to keep the information under the radar and ensure that the gun owner’s identity was “kept quiet,†according to law enforcement sources involved with the case.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...un-used-paris-terrorist-attacks-came-phoenix/

·
69,784 Posts
Wow, that is a poorly written, difficult to understand article. The writer ought to erase it and try again. It seems to be very important, but it is very unclear and fails to make its point understandable.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
It’s not clear if the agency, which is responsible for cracking down on the illegal use and trafficking of firearms, did this because the individual was involved in the Fast and Furious gun-running scheme.
That seems rather critical to the point they are trying to make.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Unfortunately, I see this being used to support Universal Background Checks. I'm sure we'll all watch in amazement as they argue the need because agents went to extremes to allow the already illegal sale to happen. And, if the media picks up any of this, they will ignore the agent's actions and any connection to FNF. :shakehead:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
There's a thread in the General Discussion forum on AR15.com that also ties the Hillary Clinton run state department to Fast & Furious. It seems that someone pretty high up at State approved ITAR exemptions for the operation. ITAR is a real PITA law administered by the State Department that regulates the import/export of anything weapon related. Judicial watch, David Codrea and others are trying really hard to get their hands on that info with the usual stonewalling, lying, etc... from the Obama Administration. What a shocker.

·
69,784 Posts
I wish there were more verifiable details in this article. As for now, I call :bsflag: Sorry, but I just do not believe the article or the links that it is attempting to make with vague assertions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
BTW, ITAR is not just weapons. It also cover transfer of technology. We had the get ITAR approved to sell a communications satellite to a foreign country even if the satellite had no military or weapons ability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts