Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Written just to piss off the liberals. Probably not but it has that effect. Love it.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,491 Posts
The Honorable Roger T. Benitez, United States District Judge, knows a crapton more about an AR style rifle than at least a few and likely a fair number here do.

See p. 40, 41 of the above linked opinion.

One of the best and most defensible opinions along with trial work summaries I have ever read. Nearly no argument or evidence put forth by AG that was not shot down or crushed by plaintiffs evidence and arguments.

Yes the opinion is 94 pages but easily understandable and WELL worth reading.

Nemo

·
68,961 Posts
And more alarms are sounding in CA.

Who has read the opinion? PDF link below.

Nemo

The link in post #19 has a video with Miller, the plaintiff, an attorney, as one of the guests.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,491 Posts
Yeah but the opinion is worth reading.

Nemo

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
If the overturn stands…I am hopeful CA “compliant” oddities fall from product line ups.

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
CA AG appeals this "shocking" ruling. :sleep: :rolleyes:

Days after a federal judge overturned California’s long-standing ban on assault weapons, California's Attorney General Rob Bonta on Thursday announced his office has appealed this "shocking" and "disturbing" decision.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
CA AG appeals this "shocking" ruling. :sleep: :rolleyes:

Let me go mark a calendar for 2025 so we can get the 9th’s opinion that they need to rehear it en banc (by 2030). Whee!

·
68,961 Posts
Thomas, from the Giffords center, said the judge was backed by the NRA and Newsom added that Benitez "writes press releases for the gun lobby." Newsom also called the judge a "stone-cold idealogue," who made "unserious" decisions and who "needs to be called out."

Newsom then added he didn't make these proclamations lightly as the son of a judge himself.

Very unseemly for the AG to be associated with that . . .

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,491 Posts
Good "discuss with uninformed" analysis. I see no reason SCOTUS will not hear it. Unless the 9th upholds it.

Nemo

Getting Miller to the Supreme Court will be equally important, as that case concerns much more than the question of the constitutionality of “assault weapon” bans: It squarely presents an issue dividing the circuit courts, the appropriate standard for reviewing laws that affect Second Amendment rights. Here, Benitez’s 94-page opinion provides a perfect primer for Americans seeking to understand both the law and the fallacies pushed by politicians and the press to justify infringements on Second Amendment rights.

·
68,961 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts