Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The lawyers can interpret it, but looks like good news to me.

"Benitez also zeroed in on the phrase “assault weapons,” noting, “As an aside, the ‘assault weapon’ epithet is a bit of a misnomer. These prohibited guns, like all guns, are dangerous weapons. However, these prohibited guns, like all guns, can be used for ill or for good. They could just as well be called ‘home defense rifles’ or ‘anti-crime guns.’”

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Bravo Judge Bravo.

Another report on it. Read and note Scrutiny Level.

Nemo

"Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment," he wrote in Friday's decision

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
CA appeals in 3...2...1...
It is good news but we’ll have to wait and see how it fares in the 9th circuit and then perhaps SCOTUS.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The statement below from the nbc outfit is just pure bullshit. The authors of the Second Amendment did in fact give the right to carry a weapon designed for modern warfare. The same one used in the Revolution. Modern is a relative term to time and place. While the Musket may seem ancient now at the time the 2nd was written it was a modern weapon for modern warfare. The AR15 is nothing more than the 2021 equivalent.

"although some experts and gun control advocates have long argued the authors of the Second Amendment could never have imagined a weapon originally designed for modern warfare being used for personal defense".

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They gave rights? Or they restrained govt from infringement?
I read both, but then I'm just a dumb old white country boy.

Reactions: Bkite

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
The statement below from the nbc outfit is just pure bullshit. The authors of the Second Amendment did in fact give the right to carry a weapon designed for modern warfare. The same one used in the Revolution. Modern is a relative term to time and place. While the Musket may seem ancient now at the time the 2nd was written it was a modern weapon for modern warfare. The AR15 is nothing more than the 2021 equivalent.

"although some experts and gun control advocates have long argued the authors of the Second Amendment could never have imagined a weapon originally designed for modern warfare being used for personal defense".
Oh wow.
Gun technology 200 years ago "approximated the idea of one person, one vote," he said. "One person couldn't threaten hundreds."
Just wow. That’s outright ignorance of privately owned warships and field artillery to say nothing of the Puckle gun.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Puckle gun
Damn another one I should have known but did not. looked it up. Guess we would need a special license for that now.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Oh wow.
Gun technology 200 years ago "approximated the idea of one person, one vote," he said. "One person couldn't threaten hundreds."
Just wow. That’s outright ignorance of privately owned warships and field artillery to say nothing of the Puckle gun.
Michael Bellesiles' book, "Arming America," which that article is about, was completely debunked and Bellesiles himself completely discredited about a year after that article came out in 2001.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Bravo Judge Bravo.

Another report on it. Read and note Scrutiny Level.

Gov. Gavin Newsom was indignant in a statement late Friday.
"The fact that this judge compared the AR-15 — a weapon of war that’s used on the battlefield — to a Swiss Army Knife completely undermines the credibility of this decision and is a slap in the face to the families who’ve lost loved ones to this weapon," he said.
I'd like to see these politicians and gun grabbers provide a verified list of which countries outfit their armies with AR-15 rifles. None of them have ever done so. If I were a betting man I could probably make a killing here.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
The statement below from the nbc outfit is just pure bullshit.

I bet the authors of the Bill of Rights could never have imagined people having the ability to instantaneously communicate with people on the other side of the world either. Yet here we are. So what? Was James Madison supposed to be prescient?

·
Registered
14,516 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Enlarge the pic and note the writing around the fire selection lever pin butt.

Nemo

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Assuming its accurate, I'll take 2 please.

Nemo

Reactions: Bkite

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Enlarge the pic and note the writing around the fire selection lever pin butt.

Nemo
Or just notice the 3rd pin above the selector.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
And more alarms are sounding in CA.

Who has read the opinion? PDF link below.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts