JUan Williams fired from NPR!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by TimBob, Oct 21, 2010.

1. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

2. smn

smn Active Member

I used to like listening to Juan Williams until he really leaned to the left before O's emmaculation. Now he's an O apologist full of hot air.

3. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Don't like the guy. He is a stinking liberal. However, when he replaced O'Reilley, he did a very fine overall job and he raised a little bit in my opinion.

I wonder now if he will learn that liberalism = STFU! + Bend over and drop your pants...

Thank you

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Fired over the phone.

5. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Like the French Revolution . . . they're now sending their own to the guillotine. This is probably a wonderful reminder to the electorate how tolerant our 'betters' are . . .

6. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Oh so true Teeter, oh so true. [​IMG]

7. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

So, Williams works for Fox as a left of center voice, his material hasn't been censored by Fox, and Fox has never raised an objection to anything Williams has said or written in other media. Fox is a private, for profit outfit.

NPR employs Williams as a voice of the center left, though this is harder to discern because of the lack of diversity at NPR. NPR fires him, not for behavior on NPR, but because they do not agree with the content of a comment he made elsewhere. NPR is funded in part by the government.

8. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

How ironic that Fox News did not censor him or fire him for speaking his mind, but NPR sure did.

And they claim conservatives are the intolerant ones.....this just shows their hypocrisy and double standards.

9. seereus

seereus Active Member

NPR fired him because the Council for American-Islamic Relations basically threatened them.

"Nihad Awad, the organization's national executive director, called the comments "irresponsible and inflammatory" and said they "should not pass without action by NPR."

Wonder if he still has his nose in the air protecting the delicate sensitivities of muslims.

Vid>>>>>>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... rks-on-fox

10. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

How much of our tax money funds NPR ?

update:
    the bulk of the money takes a circuitous route to keep it from showing up as a line item on NPR's books.

The Feds fund directly the Corp for Pub Broadcasting at $90 mil and that is given to individual stations to use to subscribe to NPR programs

11. smn

smn Active Member

Too much.

12. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

I bet Williams would still be employed if he had made the same remarks about Christians. For those who say muslims are tolerant :roll: Yeah Right!!!!

13. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Well put, Teeter. Even someone as moderate left-leaning is Williams is now, he was fired. Incredible.

14. AEKDB

AEKDB New Member

George Soros buying media control is what scares me. If he can drop $1mm to $2mm and get commentators kicked off the air and influence reporting. When you have billions of known assets yourself plus those of your friends, $1mm a pop is a drop in the bucket.

15. gogriz91

gogriz91 New Member

NPR should have been defunded 20+ years ago.

16. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

The backlash from this horrible decision is MASSIVE. Liberals, conservatives, and moderates alike, are all piling on NPR about how stupid and foolish this was. The liberals at NPR are wondering who among them will be the next to get the boot.

17. cbp0229

cbp0229 Member

Poor Juan Williams... He only gets $2 Million from Fox News :shakehead:

Cry me a river...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130746229

18. mountainpass

19. mountainpass

20. kkennett

kkennett New Member

:-? And these people think Juan Williams needs to be fired. This sort of thing is exactly why I don't listen much to NPR.