JPFO Members?

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Adam5, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Are there any JPFO members here? I've been looking thorough their site and wondering if they are looking to go a little far or not. Abolishing the BATFE entirely sounds great, but a little extreme at the same time.

http://www.jpfo.org/

Edited to add: I'm not trying to compete with USMC-Retired and the NRA. I am a proud NRA member.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Eliminate BATF

I don't see anything extreme about eliminating BATF as a federal law enforcement agency. Just create a special unit in the Department of the Treasury to license gun dealers and manufacturers and check their records to see that they are following the laws passed by Congress. Then if they find any violations, or THINK they find violations, they issue a warning and tell the violator how to fix the problem. If that doesn't work, they turn over a summary of the evidence to the U.S. Attorney's Office for possible prosecution.

Oh, wait a minute. That's pretty much what we have now. So maybe we better keep it. Until we get rid of ALL federal gun control laws and all regulations on the gun industry, we need somebody to help catch lawbreakers.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

1st off, I must be comming on a bit strong if my user name is now synonimus with the NRA

2nd, I don't view it as a compitition. I am a member of several Gun Rights groups! We need all the firepower we can get coming from all directions.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Eliminate BATF

Nope. Part of the Homeland Security reshuffling was to move the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms tax collectors from Treasury over to the Department of Justice, so that they can pretend to be real law enforcement rather than overbearing revenue agents. This was a very bad move, in my humble opinion.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of JPFO:

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/04/g ... judas.html

6. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

I'm a JPFO member.

Not nearly as extreme as the tactics the BATFE takes to abolish us!