Joining GCO

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Tinkerhell, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Just a couple of thoughts.

1)How about setting up a Pay-Pal option for membership to GCO. I think that's good bit cheaper, easier & safer than trying to take credit cards, but it still allows someone to join that way.

2) add an entry in the user profiles so that forum posters show if they are GCO members & when they joined.

:)

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

When they joined? Or when they first tried to join before having the post office send the application back to them? :lol:

You know, that could always be added to your signature line.

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Good points. And once I get something that confirms when I "officially" joined I may do just that. MP's confirmed gettng my app, but I've not recieved anything back yet. I'm not an official card carrier. :cry:

But that's ok. I AM and official gun carrier. :wink:

4. USMC - Retired

Pesonally, I would think that pretty much anyone that joined within the first 6 months would be considered "Plank Owners". For those of you not familiar with Naval terms a "Plank Owner" is anyone that was part of a ships commisioning crew. The idea is that once the ship has served and is decommisioned the "Plank Owners" have right to claim a piece of the ship as thier own, however most simply use the term to signify being a member of the first crew.

5. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Paypal option is in the works along with being able to use a credit card.

According to MP, GCO has finally got its act together with regard to the PO Box and sending prompt acknowlegements.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

If you would like to add a link in your signature, copy an paste the line below into it.

Code:
    [url=http://www.georgiacarry.org]GeorgiaCarry.org[/url] Member

7. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Does that mean we all get a piece of the Commisioning Pennant (AKA 'The President's Tie')

:twisted:

8. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Thanks for the link, M~. I will add it to my signature as soon as I am notified regarding my membership.

9. USMC - Retired

I think that for the good of all concerned, MP should bring the tie to our next meet/greet/shoot and place it on one of the target stands.... We will of course allow him to remove it from his neck first.... :twisted:

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Norm at BullsEye in Cumming has started doing a monthly newsletter about shooting in general and shooting events in the area. Do you want me to check with him about maybe dong an article on GCO and GPDO?

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GCO thinks it would be great and will gladly provide whatever he requests to assist him in doing so.

:D

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I talked to Norm tat Bullseye this evening, while getting my Wed target practice in. He told me that if someone wants to write an article about GCO, that he we would be more than happy to put it in the newsletter. He also said that he will be adding a list of friearm related websites, and wants to include GCO and GPDO. He said that for more info, comments, or ideas to e-mail him at nwiltberger@aol.com. I'll bring a copy if his first newsletter to the class on Sat, for people to see.

Adam