Joel Osteen Sails Luxury Yacht Through Flooded Houston Pass Copies Of Book

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by EJR914, Aug 29, 2017.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Keep reading: http://babylonbee.com/news/joel-osteen-sails-luxury-yacht-flooded-houston-pass-copies-best-life-now/

If you are not following and reading Babylon bee, I honestly don't know what you're doing with your life, they are killing it lately!

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

One of the funniest stories on the net. The Babylon Bee is a satirical evangelical Christian website. The site is famous for over-the-top fake stories focusing on well-known pastors, celebrities, and politicians. It models itself on The Onion.

3. onenil

onenil Member

Except Poe's Law is very strong on this one.

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views.
    The original statement of the adage, by Nathan Poe, was: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article."

[​IMG]

I'd say the above is a pretty clear indicator of the author's intent, wouldn't you?

Honestly, I don't think anyone would be so weak-minded that they couldn't tell this was satire from the word 'go'.

5. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised. It would obviously be followed by an investigation to determine how, precisely, the building ended up being at that location at that time, if it followed maritime law, and if it had any malicious intent...

6. EJR914

Some of the best satire, really coming close to The Onion

7. EJR914

There were people elsewhere, who didn't know that this was satire, and others were saying that it was fake news, there are some real special people in this world:rotfl: